HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting Gear Review (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review-31/)
-   -   parker vrs ten point crossbows (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review/152590-parker-vrs-ten-point-crossbows.html)

DR KILL 08-19-2006 07:41 PM

parker vrs ten point crossbows

hey guys , my dad is getting a crossbow and i would like some advise, its down to the parker and a ten point , anyone own or has shot either bow and can give me some insite i would appreciate it thanks in advance

dr kill

BGfisher 08-21-2006 08:02 AM

RE: parker vrs ten point crossbows

After selling and servicing a bunch of them I would have to say 10-Point. Much better distribution so parts and/or service almost anywhere. Best customer service of any company I've ever dealt with.

The Parker is a nice crossbow, but I've seen what I consider more than average limb failures. Also, it looks nice and balances well, but accessories like a crank and such can be a real hassle, as can be getting a case for it. The only things that fit are those from Parker.

bigbulls 08-21-2006 11:45 AM

Ten Point is the premier crossbow manufacturer. Parker can't compete with Ten Point.

doman 08-21-2006 08:18 PM

Parker overated and over priced, ten point nice but over priced,
I bought a Excaliber - vixen a couple of years ago,
I love it, took 3 seconds to sight in, super accurate and very dependable.
and the price was right. I highly recomend it.

bigbulls 08-22-2006 07:27 AM

Ten point is ovr priced but the Excalibur vixen isn"t? I don't quite get your reasoning behind this.

The Vixen is Excaliburs lowest priced lowest grade crossbow they offer and it retails for $360 and comes with nothing but the bow and a single pin peep sight.

A Ten Point titan TL-4 is Ten Points entry level bow and comes with a quiver, arrows, field tips, a red dot - 3 dotsight or scope and the factory mounted accudraw 50for $570.

Add up the costs for the accessories to the Vixen and you come out about the same but have a better bow with the Ten Point titan TL-4.

Quiver -$24.99
Arrows - $15
Red dot sight - $80
Accudraw - $80

Compare apples to apples and you come out about the same. Sure Ten Point has a bow package that retails for $1650 but it is the king of all cross bows currently available and comes with absolutely everything you could possibly need to shoot and hunt with a cross bow, from field tips and Wasp broadheads to to a hard case to keep it all in. And it's all premium accessories and not just something thrown together.

doman 08-24-2006 10:13 PM

When I purchased mine it was complete package, quiver, arrows, yeh sigle pin sight, so what fancy sight not needed. and soft case, $400.00 I shot
all three, Parker Honestly peice of crap, At least the one I shot.
the ten point was OK, for $900. I was unimpressed. out of the three
the excaliber was the smothest, quietest, and most accurate. and it happened to be the Cheapest.

bigbulls 08-25-2006 12:13 PM

Then you got a heck of a good deal. ;)