Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

NAP Sptifire

Old 08-16-2006, 05:48 PM
Fork Horn

Default NAP Sptifire

I was thinking of trying out the NAP Spitfire expandables with the cut on contact tip. If not any other ideas on expandables. I like shooting expandables but have experienced poor penetration with some in the past. I will only be hunting whitetails.
Old 08-16-2006, 08:47 PM

Default RE: NAP Sptifire

I think the Spitfires will do fine on smallish thin-skined critters like whitetails. Especially if you're shooting a compound at 60# or more at 20 yards or less.
I hit two elk last year and never found either one of them so I will never use spitfires again!
But the dilema of broadheads hitting where field points hit still frustrated me. So, in part due to the advice on this site, I have switched to a two blade BH By Magnus. The plane Jane, not the stinger. They shot dead on out to 50 yards the first time I shot them! Now let's see if they drop critters. I think they will.
Nuff said? . . .
Old 08-16-2006, 11:21 PM

hey game4lunch, don't be another guy on here who doesn't blames his own mistakesfor wounding animals... you guys pi$$ me off!!!
ps. yes the magnus broad heads are dangerous!!!!!!!
yours truly,
walty
Old 08-17-2006, 10:23 AM
Typical Buck

I have shot spitfires for a few years now and I like them and have never had a problem with penetration. ( 9 out of 10 pass throughs.) I made an poor shot on the one that wasn't a pass through but still recovered the animal. I was able to recover all the game that I hit. I have harvested a number of whitetail and one black bear. Hope it helps. Happy Hunting
Old 08-17-2006, 11:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

I shoot the Stngers...never wanted to shoot a head that had to open when I could shoot one already opened...not sure of the reasoning.?
Old 08-20-2006, 10:05 AM

I shoot the 125 and have had a hard time pulling the arrow out of the ground after a full pass through 3xs. i shoot a feather max set at 53# shooting in the mid 200 area. I love them