Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

matthews vs hoyt

Old 08-16-2006, 04:32 PM
Host of Hosts

Default RE: matthews vs hoyt

I shot the Switchback, Trykon, Tribute, Allegience and a few others before I decided. I narrowed down to 3 bows and the shot them some more. They were the Swithchback XT the Trykon and the Bowtech Tribute.I ended up with 2 of the final 3. As you can tell by my screen name I really like my Trykon. Once you shoot it a bit the cams are hardly noticable as being aggressive. The other bow I bought was the Bowtech Tribute. I just couldn't get past the grip and the slow arrow speed from the Mathews. It is a great bow however.
Old 08-16-2006, 06:17 PM
Fork Horn

It's just like going to buy a new car. Do the research, you know the top companies out there. They are the top ones for a reason, go try them all and see what one you like.

Ive been hearing about alot of problems for hoyt and bowtch users with cam lean and limb problems with there newer models. That doesn't mean that if you buy them that's what your going to get but thats what I have been hearing. A local bow shop owner told me he's seen more brand new hoyts and bowtech's come back with cam lean issues and limb problems then ever before.

Oh...look at the'Ross Bows' I hear they are very nice alongwith the other top companies.Don't limit yourself to hoyt and matthews may not be the best fit for you.
Old 08-16-2006, 10:00 PM

I'm in the process of selecting a new bow too (been 13 years since the last new one). I'd definitely suggest following what the others have said...shoot a lot of arrows through each candidate and then you'll have a better idea of which is the better pick for you.

If you want a decently fast, ultra smooth and quiet bow that's made well; then definitely have a look at the Ross offerings. They're impressive. Personally, I'm used to a dinosaur bow (XI Flatliner) and the Ross was too smooth for me...unnervingly smooth. For that reason I'm looking mainly at a Bowtec Allegiance (fast mod), Pearson Stealth, and Pearson Pitt Bull as the prime candidates right now. It took me a while to get to those and within the past week I've shot over 15 different models from various manufacturers (including the Switchback, Switchback XT, Trykon, Turbotec, CR331) and all have pros and cons, some more so than others.
Old 08-16-2006, 10:08 PM

you still shoot a XI Flatliner!! HA!! that's what my brother shoots... that things is like 10 years old!!! it's a whole different ball game out there now... any bow, even a gander mountain bow will shoot 10 times better than that old beast... funny thing is is that when that bow came on the market it was the sweetest thing money could buy!!!
Old 08-17-2006, 01:03 PM

I have never shot a Hoyt, but i own a Mathews and I don't know if there is a smoother and more quiet bow out there. For my money that is the 2 most important things out there, quiet so the deer doesn't jump the string and forgiving so you can hold on that ten point and send it right in the boiler room.
Old 08-17-2006, 01:07 PM

Simply put you have to decide yourself. You need to go to the pro shops & shoot them both. Spen time with them & then make your choice. Both companies make a high quality hunting bow & you won't go wrong either way. Take into consideration the proshops if 2 different shops have the bows your interestedask yourselfdoes one proshop seem better? The proshop is your first line of help, If I really liked both bows but one proshop sucked that would swing my opinion to the other.Not only are looking to buy a bow but your building a relationship with aproshop that can help you out a lot.

Good luck.

Old 08-18-2006, 12:26 PM

i shoot a mathews and love it

my father in law shoots a hoyt and loves it

go with the one that suites you best, the one your most comfortable with, they are both fantastic bows
Old 08-21-2006, 05:02 PM

You should also ask yourself the question "How much arrow speed do you need?" Personally, the Mathews is plenty fast for the type of hunting I do, so having a smooth, quiet, forgiving ride is a no-brainer decision. Just my 2 cents.
Old 08-31-2006, 08:53 PM

mathews is by far the best but i just bought mine and less than4 months old my strind rite above the peep is becoming frayed terribly so i took it in and got it replaced a week later on my new string it was back. the string that ties a round the peep sight fell off and every time i shot it moved and wreked the string i need a new string now any ideas.
Old 08-31-2006, 09:30 PM
Awi

What kind of peep are you using?I hop it aint a metal one.I had a lesson learned from using a metal peep.

Quick Reply: matthews vs hoyt

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.