Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Interested in a quad

Old 08-13-2006, 09:31 AM
Fork Horn

Default Interested in a quad

Would like to get a quad soon,,any good names??,,can you put a climber stand on those and transport ?? on front or rear of those ??,,with high fuel prices i just think that would be more economical way to go between camp and my stand areas.[8D]

thanx
Old 08-14-2006, 11:21 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Interested in a quad

I just have a little Honda Rancher 350cc. I love it. It wasn't too badly prices and gets me anywhere around here I need to go. I have plenty of room to bungi on my climber. It is not too bulky and can get into some tight areas and doesn't weigh too much either. I have had great success in getting deer & bear out of the woods with it.
I would love to get one of the big quads (Grizzly 660 or Brute Force), but it is just overkill for what I use it for.
Honda makes an excellent quad.
My brother in law has a Yamaha Big Bear 400cc. Nice machine too... just a little louder.

Old 08-17-2006, 01:32 AM
Typical Buck

My '03 Suzuki Vinson 500 is awesome. Has plenty of power and ground clearance. Push button 4x4, digital dash with clock, mph, gear, fuel gauge, odometer. Maneuvers great. plenty of room for hauling too. I got my '03 for 3000 this summer and it onlt had 7oo miles and 112 hours on it.
Old 08-17-2006, 10:00 AM
Fork Horn

Honda Rancher is a great quad that will do just about anything you want it to
Old 08-20-2006, 10:11 AM

Im with western MA hunter i have a 05 rancher 350 esp small enough to get through the timber very stable and fairly quiet. my dad had a 85 125cc till 02 no suspension little bitty but never failed us until i rolled in a creek, they do float by the way
Old 08-20-2006, 05:05 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Western MA Hunter

I just have a little Honda Rancher 350cc. I love it. It wasn't too badly prices and gets me anywhere around here I need to go. I have plenty of room to bungi on my climber. It is not too bulky and can get into some tight areas and doesn't weigh too much either. I have had great success in getting deer & bear out of the woods with it.
I would love to get one of the big quads (Grizzly 660 or Brute Force), but it is just overkill for what I use it for.
Honda makes an excellent quad.
My brother in law has a Yamaha Big Bear 400cc. Nice machine too... just a little louder.
Same here. My Rancher has hauled every hog and deer I have killed since I got it in 2001. Not to mention countless bags of corn and stands. It has
been a great machine.
Old 08-20-2006, 05:23 PM

Still using the Yamaha 350 that I got when I turned 16. (19 years ago )
No need for anything bigger.
IMHO the 500cc, 600cc, 700cc engines are overkill.
And most of the new quads are closer in size to trucks than ATVs.
The only thing I would have different is the newer suspensions, especially independent rear, and 4WD.
Old 08-20-2006, 09:08 PM

ive got a polaris magnum 425. bought it used a couple years ago and its an awesome machine. u could easly haul any deer stand or anything u want to haul without much troulbe. its 4 wheel drive too and its plenty fast.
Old 08-21-2006, 08:38 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: wayomic

Still using the Yamaha 350 that I got when I turned 16. (19 years ago )
No need for anything bigger.
IMHO the 500cc, 600cc, 700cc engines are overkill.
And most of the new quads are closer in size to trucks than ATVs.
The only thing I would have different is the newer suspensions, especially independent rear, and 4WD.
I'm sure all of the 350's are excellent machines to get in and out of the woods and to haul game. I once hauled an elkout ona 350 so I can tell you that's sufficient for hauling.

It all depends what you are looking for in a machine. I have a Polaris 500 and it will do and go just about anywhere. Plus, it can be used to drag, plow, put in plots... etc.The first question you have to ask yourself is what do you really want it for? just to go back and forth between camp and your stand and haul your game? if that's the case, then yes,the 500-800's are overkill, but if you are going to do work with it you may want to invest in a larger machine.The smaller machines could burn up tranny's or any number of other things if you plan to do any work with it.
Old 08-21-2006, 10:56 PM

I am current;y in the market for a utility quad. After hours of research this is what I came up with.
Honda: Lacking power, low range, and front locking diff. Expensive.Reliable!!!
Polaris: Nice ride, not the most reliable.
Yamaha: good quads, many options, I would buy one.
Suzuki: Best inexpensive hunting quad out there Eiger 400 (2nd choice). Small, good power, low range, manual trans. Vinson is a good pick also.
Kawasaki: Brute Force 650. Bog bore quad priced at mid level. Front locking diff, low range, big V-twin power. I'm buying this one.
Suzuki, yamaha, and Kawi are now almost as reliable as the honda. Remember this is just my opinion and others may not agree. Happy shopping. Did I mention the power of the Brute Froce 650, wheelies are fun.

Quick Reply: Interested in a quad

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.