Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

HOYT? NEVER AGAIN!!

Old 08-16-2006, 06:43 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: HOYT? NEVER AGAIN!!

Hey grumpy bearded one......When you start your first two threads with "I Love Hoyts" and the next "I hate Mathews".Your going to get a Mathews hoyt debate....dumy. I don't understand, you come on here and complain about your hoyt like everyone else lately on these forums.I've just stated what I've heard from countless people about these hoyts problems, including you and your buddy. If I were out looking to buy a new bow, I sure as hell would want to know about these problems. That's $700+dallars people are spending.

thats great. Heres my (Sarcasm)...Wow! he really talked me into buying a mathews!! I cant wait to go out a over pay for one(Sarcasm)
My 4 year old mathews cost half theprice of your broken'new hoyt' and it's still throwing darts. Now who over paid for their bow!.....dumy
Old 08-16-2006, 09:59 PM

i hate to say this, but ole' Tschammel has got a point(besides the mathews thing) you come on here and say that Hoyt's have done you nothing but good in the past and then after two measly weeks are ready to give up on them for good and want to bash their name to no end...
1. mobowhuntr says he's sold at least 100 trykons and no problems
2. hardcorehunter gets hard boner form his trykon
3. you hate mathews; it's one of the best on the market
4. you know hoyt would make it right... but you don't care
5. bullmoose38 broke limb on mathew, took 4 months to fix... still loves mathews
maybe your arrow spine is wrong...
i don't know... next time just think before you speak
yours truly,
waltwittman
Old 08-17-2006, 01:27 AM
Typical Buck

Yea walt! Preach it brotha!
Old 08-18-2006, 06:35 PM

Default DUMY

okay,
1st off when I said I hate mathews I was using "sarcasm". I have actually looked very hard at buying one in the past. But besides that point, I didnt give up on hoyt because of two weeks of problems. I gave up after about 40 hours of tuning. And my buddy spent just as much as that on his. And its not an arrow spine problem. I shot 4 different spine arrows, different lengths, different flechings, no wraps, wraps, different wieght heads, just to name a few things that we both tried. And at the time of my original post I was frustrated and I was venting. I will still use my vipertec to hunt, and I still think HOYT make some of the best bows on the planet. And I didnt want this to be a Mathews Vs. whatever thread, When I used the "sarcasm" it was an opinion of mine in my own thread not someone elses. Soif myopinion upsets you then get over it "dumy".

--cjc--
Old 08-19-2006, 07:47 PM
Fork Horn

caleb7mm

my good hunting partner went to a local dealer today and test shot the new hoyt .
well the cam rolled over and twisted the owner freaked and said let the bow down dont shoot it son , he let the bow down the store owner took the bow and tossed it on the side and said would you like to shoot a mathews or bowtech because im sure you dont want a hoyt after seeing that ,, so you are not alone,,
Old 08-20-2006, 11:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

Just Hunt!
Old 08-21-2006, 05:36 AM

First of all, as an employee at a Hoyt/Bowtech/Jennings/Diamond dealership, any bow manufacturer will build a lemon every once in a while. Caleb, it sounds to me like your bow may have miss matched limbs allowing one side of your split limbs flex more than the other. I seen this happen on a Darton before.

Secondly, the shop that I work for has not had any problem out of any of the Hoyt XT limbs since they were introduced and we have sold alot more than just a few.

Thirdly, any archery shop worth its salt will inspect a bow as it comes out of the box. A major problem like this should be found before it goes on the rack!

Fourthly,in alot of instances like this, did the dealer damage the bow his self such as bending the riser in the press. This can happen very easily with the Hoyt Tech risers or any risers with alot of reflextion if the dealer doesn't know what he is doing!

As far as the great Hoyt/Bowtech/MAtthews debate. They all make good bows. They all have some problems sometimes. Is one better than the other, I don't know. However, I do believe that Mathews bows are overrated. And as I stated earlier, many problems with any bow originate at the dealer that doesn't know what they are doing!
Old 08-21-2006, 07:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: WVHILLBILLYJLM

First of all, as an employee at a Hoyt/Bowtech/Jennings/Diamond dealership, any bow manufacturer will build a lemon every once in a while. Caleb, it sounds to me like your bow may have miss matched limbs allowing one side of your split limbs flex more than the other. I seen this happen on a Darton before.

Secondly, the shop that I work for has not had any problem out of any of the Hoyt XT limbs since they were introduced and we have sold alot more than just a few.

Thirdly, any archery shop worth its salt will inspect a bow as it comes out of the box. A major problem like this should be found before it goes on the rack!

Fourthly,in alot of instances like this, did the dealer damage the bow his self such as bending the riser in the press. This can happen very easily with the Hoyt Tech risers or any risers with alot of reflextion if the dealer doesn't know what he is doing!

As far as the great Hoyt/Bowtech/MAtthews debate. They all make good bows. They all have some problems sometimes. Is one better than the other, I don't know. However, I do believe that Mathews bows are overrated. And as I stated earlier, many problems with any bow originate at the dealer that doesn't know what they are doing!
Well spoken my friend ,I couldn't agree more .

nubo
Old 08-21-2006, 08:27 PM

ORIGINAL: WVHILLBILLYJLM

it sounds to me like your bow may have miss matched limbs allowing one side of your split limbs flex more than the other. I seen this happen on a Darton before.
I have heard of the limbs not being matched by a few people. As far as the local dealer I would have told you in the past(4years)that he would never do anything like that. But after hearing some of his excuses for the problems I might agree. When I told him that I was upset over the bow leaving the shop like that he told me it was the way I was shooting that was causing the problem. Even thought I would pick up one of my vipertec's with the same arrows and release and nail the X everytime. And now with my new bowtech I get the same greatresults. Ya, it must have been me!![:@]So what about the same bow my buddy bought from the same dealer with the same problems? I guess I was shooting his bow to?!

I will never buy from them again.

--cjc--
Old 08-22-2006, 01:43 PM

Ya, it must have been me!![:@]So what about the same bow my buddy bought from the same dealer with the same problems? I guess I was shooting his bow to?!
sounds to me like your dealer may be the problem... maybe he has a temper simular to yours and when he gets pissed he just starts breakin things... or maybe he just doesn't like you?

Quick Reply: HOYT? NEVER AGAIN!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.