Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Comfort Zone hang on -any good???? >

Comfort Zone hang on -any good????

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Comfort Zone hang on -any good????

Old 08-03-2006, 01:51 PM

Default Comfort Zone hang on -any good????

Hey all,[/align]I am getting ready to purchase my tree stand. Dick's sporting goods is selling a hang on stand from Comfort Zone. Has anyone ever used this brand before is it any good? They are also selling the climbing sticks. Each are $29.99. Any suggesstions or other names would be great.[/align]Thanks Rookie![/align]
Old 08-03-2006, 02:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Comfort Zone hang on -any good????

I just posted a thread on this the other day. A few of my local buds that I trust well said that these are a great deal for $29.99. Do yourself a favor and wear the safety belt that comes with it, it isn't a huge platform and would be easy to lose your balance and fall out of.
Old 08-03-2006, 02:35 PM

Rick,
Sorry I missed that post. I am going to take a look to see what others have said about it. Thanks for the advise about the safety belt.

Old 08-07-2006, 06:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Cheap and basic, The seat doesn't fold up on my model. It would make for more comfortable standing.
Old 08-07-2006, 09:04 AM
Typical Buck

I will say this, if the platforms on the hang ons are as small as the ones on their ladder stands, I will pass. I still have a bunch of the old Mag Lock 250 hang ons that Bass Pro spld years ago. And I have several of the Pine Ridge Ladder stands from Cabelas. Last year a friend of mine hunted one of the woods I do also. He killed a buck early season, and he left his stand up so I could use it Itwas a Comfort Zone ladder from Dick's. Man the platform was small!! I could BARELY turn around on it while standing, and I don't have big feet at all, size 9-1/2. It was very hard to turn around without falling off the front. Just my opinion. And his.
Old 08-07-2006, 11:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

My life is worth a heck of a lot more than $30.00......
Old 08-07-2006, 11:28 AM

After you get used to the small platform, they are fine. I've been using them for years and have not had any problems. Although the big platforms are nice but the money is too much for me.
Old 08-07-2006, 08:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

nice stand if oyu get the ladder i sit down anyway
Old 08-09-2006, 06:49 AM
Typical Buck

They work fine . I have at least 10 of them on 4 different properties . Probably would have been better off buying ladder stands as I had to make pressure treated ladders anyway ..........They are solid built stands but I also add a ratchet strap to the stand !
Old 08-10-2006, 03:17 PM
Typical Buck

Bought 2 today. Not bad for the price at all. Simple, basic stand. Came with safety harnesses, but I use a Loggy Bayou Transformer harness. At least I can use the tree attachement each came with and just leave them with the stand. My seat folds up on the ones I got. They appear to be made by Big Dog stands - their Beagle model I believe, which is TMA certified: http://www.tmastands.com/certified.php?member_ID=68&Submit=View+Product s and http://www.bigdogtreestands.com/MultiProd.php?type=Fixed%20Positions

Quick Reply: Comfort Zone hang on -any good????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.