Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

fethers or blazers?

Old 08-08-2006, 09:27 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: fethers or blazers?

If that is true of feathers as opposed to "man made" vanes then am I to assume you shoot wooden arrows out of a wooden bow?
Well, If a tree was designed by nature to be flying through the air like a feather then you may have a valid point. But since it wasn't .............

I like to be a smart arse too.
Old 08-08-2006, 09:32 AM
Giant Nontypical

I just started shooting blazers and have been very happy with them. They fly great and are very durable.
I can't complain about them.

Old 08-08-2006, 10:52 AM
Typical Buck

Another fact that you can all look into isif any of you shoot with the wisker biscuit restthe feathers will definatley improve your shooting and also save you money from the tears in the plastic vanes from the buiscuit.That's a fact and you will get more FPS as was quoted earlier from the friction vue.
Youngfart
Old 08-24-2006, 12:42 PM

Alright, stupid question. Why would some choose 1.5" blazers over 2", or vice versa? What is the criteria for deciding between the two? I've never shot with Blazers before, but I'm interested.
Old 08-26-2006, 11:24 PM
Awi

Im not familiar with the blazers,but I know feathers fly faster than reg vanes.Is this the case with blazers? It made about 6ft sec faster on my bow feathers vs vanes.
Old 08-27-2006, 12:29 AM
Typical Buck

I think the biggest reason people use plastic over feathers is the durability and less maintenence. But I do like feathers better. Is anything about bowhunting easy? Why should taking care of veins be?
Old 08-27-2006, 04:14 PM

Get blazers, you won't be dissapointed.

Feathers require too much work and wear out way too fast.
Old 08-27-2006, 05:01 PM

get blazers
Old 08-27-2006, 07:47 PM

Alright, stupid question. Why would some choose 1.5" blazers over 2", or vice versa? What is the criteria for deciding between the two? I've never shot with Blazers before, but I'm interested.
the 1.5's are not recomended for fixed blade broadheads. I use blazers with my whisker biscuits, and i also have a few arrows with feathers. Shooting throufgh my whisker biscuit, i can tell no difference in speed, and my blazers have yet to tear up. idk if im lucky, but my blazers are holdin up great.
Old 08-29-2006, 12:02 AM
Spike

are the blazer better for windy areas? i too am trying them out for the first time on my antelope hunt this year, cuz the guy im hunting with told me to shoot smaller viens. Im been shooting 4" plastic viens for8 years and never really had a problem. but i figured what the heck let me try em. il let you know how they work out. im gonna try them out this weekend at the 3d course, and then first week of sept got my antelope hunt.

Quick Reply: fethers or blazers?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.