HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting Gear Review (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review-31/)
-   -   Mathews bow question (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review/149474-mathews-bow-question.html)

mathewsXT 07-27-2006 06:39 PM

Mathews bow question

I recently bought a Mathews Switchback XT. I got a question for all of you that own Mathews bow's.....Howdoes a Mathews quiver compare to other quiver's in viabration reduction. I want to know if the Mathews quiver really makes that big of a difference. And if a Mathews quiver would, would a two piece or the single piece be better? Thanks for your help!!

Budriser 07-28-2006 12:39 AM

RE: Mathews bow question

I can't tell you about other quivers, however the mathews quiver is very quiet, as far as noise goes, I don't know it's on there. I went with a two piece rather than a one peice. I have a 30" draw length, so I wanted to go with a quiver that would fit my arrows a little bit easier.

r33h 07-28-2006 07:32 AM

I have a mathews quiver and absolutely love it! it does help in the vibration reduction. As far as a two piece or a one piece...that is a preference you will have to decied. I went with the two piece because it looks better to me and there is not as much of a quiver there (vertical bar that connects top of quiver to the bottom isn't there). The two piece is not designed to be detachable and the one piece is. You could detach the two piece, but after you did it two or three times, you would quickly decide you aren't going to do that any more. I like the fact that everything on my bow can stay attached to my bow, so when I go hunting early in the morning, I am not fiddeling with bow accessories...I can just pick up my bow with my quiver already attached and arrows in the quiver and everything ready to go. If I were you, I would go with the two piece!

tschammel 07-28-2006 07:51 AM

Go to Alpine Archery. I put the Soft Loc Quiver on my Matthews. This thing is sweet. It ataches all by a rubber locksystem that has no vibration what so ever. It is very light and you can get them in a three arrow set(which i have) or 5 arrow set. Go to alpinearchery.com to look.
I promis you, this quiver is wisper quiet with no vibration andvery handy no screws to get it on and off, just locks in and easy totakeoff with no noise.

Iowa Monsterbuck 07-28-2006 08:27 AM

I have a question for Mathews quiver users as well. Can the removable quiver be raised or does it have set mounting holes? I have 30" arrows so I need a quiver that can go pretty high as I don't like my arrows to extend beyond the bottom cam.

I have the Alpine SoftLoc now and it is adjustable the complete length of the bars but the arrow holders are not adjustable and after a couple of years the rubber has gotten loose enough they don't hold my arrows very tightly. I tried to get replacement grippers from Alpine but they wanted nearly as much as it would caost me toget a brand new quiver for them. Very poor customer service if you ask me. They also told me that the gripper on the new models of the SoftLoc would not even be replaceable.

I'd rather spend more up fron than have to buy a new quiver every couple of years.

mathewsXT 07-28-2006 10:09 AM

Thanks for all your help guys!! I am going today to look that the Mathews two piece quiver.....Thanks again!!