Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

trail camera setups

Old 07-26-2006, 03:34 PM
Fork Horn

Default trail camera setups

What's you guys favorite trail camera setups.
Old 07-26-2006, 03:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: trail camera setups

over a salt lick around the 2nd or 3rd week of august. you will get to see antlers and be able to pull them out a month or 2 before most seasons start. some use there cameras year round but i dont trust spooking things. set the camera up like 10 to 20 feet away from the salt lick about waste high facing anywhere but direct east or west because the sun may trigger false pictures i think.
Old 07-26-2006, 03:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

also if you can put the camera out on a sunday late afternoon and get it out of the woods by the next saturday morning i feel it will cut down on it getting stolen. lock it up if you can and camo or cover it with brush when possible. especially the strap that holds it to the tree. make sure any camo or cover brush doesnt blow around as to trigger the sensor and take a picture.
Old 07-27-2006, 01:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

i've noticed myself over the years that around that same time, 2nd or 3rd week of august are the best over salt licks. maybe into sept a bit, but they are always dead by the second week of sept (when bow season starts). i get tons and tons of pics at that time. also, the spring has been really good over licks.