Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 My review of cuddeback no flash!!! (it ain't good) >

My review of cuddeback no flash!!! (it ain't good)

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

My review of cuddeback no flash!!! (it ain't good)

Old 07-22-2006, 11:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default My review of cuddeback no flash!!! (it ain't good)

You have to be kidding me. this thing is terrible. it literally the worst $450 i've ever spent. why do i say this...hmmm lets see:
1) night pics are so bad you can barely tell what type of animal is in the pic.
2) didn't take a picture of me after spending about a minute walking around in front of the camera. finally took a picture when I was reaching for the front of the camera to open it up!
3) screwing the camera on a tree just plain sucks. using a strap barely works with this unit either. so, now you are telling me I have to bring a hex 25 screwdriver in the woods with me every time i plan to move the cam (I'll forget half the time)?
4) batteries keep falling out, that metal plate to hold the batteries in is just a plain bad design!
5) night flash distance is terrible. Their web site says flash range is 70 feet. that is not the case at all!!! (sounds funny, since the model is called 'no flash')
6) it reads from the card incredibly slow. when you are setting it up or checking for pics it's constantly saying 'do not remove card'. it take a loooong time just to see if you have pics at all!

Another thing, their security of putting a password on the unit is not going to stop anyone from stealing it. first of all they aren't going to know that this is a password protected model. and second of all the theif/tresspasser is going to destroy the unit before they let the owner see the pics. in both cases, the owner is out $450!

anyways, mine is going back to cabelas tomorrow. i wish there was another good digital model 3 megapixel (or more) that was good on batteries. (is there?)

later...
Old 07-23-2006, 06:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: My review of cuddeback no flash!!! (it ain't good)

See my comments on the new Cuddeback design in the above game camera post.

I agree, the new case/battery/attachment design is terrible. I don't know about the pics yet. I'll know in a coupe of weeks when I get back down to the lease.
Old 07-23-2006, 09:41 AM
Giant Nontypical

http://www.chasingame.com/

Here is a site with comparisons, advice on game cameras. One of the telling things about their tests was that the cuddeback took far less pictures than a stealthcam, and also a new report that the IR cameras scare game as badly as flashes do.
Old 07-23-2006, 06:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'd like to see the info you speak of that says infrared spooks game as bad as flash cameras do. I find that a little hard to believe.
Old 07-24-2006, 08:51 AM
Typical Buck

I almost wasted my money on a no flash cuddy because of what people told me about the flash. Then I went back and looked through thousands of pics. I have an older deercam by nontypical and I have never had a problem with the flash scaring game. I have multiple pics of the same deer including some really nice bucks. I even have deer and bear with there noses on the camera box.
Old 07-24-2006, 10:27 AM
Fork Horn

I agree the new design is terrible[:@]. I have also noticed that something is catching the deer's attention on the night video's. Every video I have shows the deer looking at the camera as if it's caught thier attention. I don't know if it's the IR flash or a noise the camera makes.
Old 07-24-2006, 05:07 PM

My buddy just got the Cuddeback Expert and so far it has given him alot of trouble. When he screws it into the tree the battery lid comes loose and the batteries loose the connection which means he has to reset the camera. Aside from that, he has got alot of false pictures and the sensor seems way too strong (a picture of a mouse on a corn pile is a little ridiculous).

In my opinion, the Cuddeback C.3000 is about the best all around game camera (digital) made to date. I did have a problem with mine but it is now fixed and it didn't cost me a penny. This camera has a super fast trigger time and by far the longest battery life out there (1000's of pics on a set of D batteries). I was actually looking at picking up a new Cuddeback but after what I have seen/heard, I will probablly just get another C.3000
Old 07-25-2006, 09:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

you have to laugh at their design. screwing the cam into the tree makes the batteries come out and once it's on the tree it's really really hard to get the batteries back in. ugh!

my other favorite is you have to hit the down arrow to make the date go up when setting the time.
Old 07-25-2006, 10:30 AM

Well, I recently got a Cuddeback No Flash and I agree with most that has been said. I think the battery design is horrible, programing the camera could be a lot easier, and attaching toa tree works, but does not seem to be the bestdesign....... But the picture quality is pretty good.The real reason I like the no flash is because I do not want anyone see a flash in the woods at night and go looking for the camera. Whether is spooks thedeer is seconday..... Below is the couple of pictures I got the first night the camera was in the woods.

Second:

No bucks yet, but I got some time.........
Old 07-25-2006, 12:58 PM
Dominant Buck

It uses infrared illumination for "flashless" pics so I don't see how it could spook deer since they can't even see into the infrared spectrum .

RackLuster , it sounds like you just got a lemon .

Quick Reply: My review of cuddeback no flash!!! (it ain't good)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.