Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 The bisquit is coming off! >

The bisquit is coming off!

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

The bisquit is coming off!

Old 07-12-2006, 07:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default The bisquit is coming off!

I am tired of the bisquitwrinkling my vanes. It is also starting to peel them off. I like that it contains the arrow and it does seem to group consistantly.
But I am going to a drop away.
I am shooting the Switchback XT with Easton axis 400 carbons. What do you Switchback XT shooters use?
Old 07-12-2006, 07:42 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: The bisquit is coming off!

I don't blame you tkycaller, if ya need any help, let me know.
Old 07-12-2006, 07:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have a GFK Infinity drop-away on my Switchback and it works great.
Old 07-12-2006, 07:58 PM
Banned

This is the 2nd post today that I have read where people are complaining about the WB wearing their fletches out.I have heard so many guys claim that they don't wear fletches out and deny that even such a problem exists. I myself have shot a Trophy Taker for 4 years and have yet to find a complaint with mine. My Trykon and Tribute both have one and as of now I can't see any reason to change. Why anybody wants fletching contact is beyond my understanding, two words; TROPHY TAKER. HCH

Old 07-14-2006, 06:32 AM

Before you give up on the Biscuit, you might want to try Blazers. I've got several arrows with Blazers that have been shot 100 times or more and there is no wear. I switched to Blazers from feathers and never looked back. I also had a NAP Quiktune 2000 on another Hoyt before I bought my Trykon XL. Too many parts to break or come loose. I'll stay with the Biscuit. JMHO. TerryE
Old 07-14-2006, 08:34 AM

I agree with HCH the Trophy Taker is tough as nails, never had a problem with it. I mostly treestand hunt but I've never had a problem with my arrow coming out of the holder. If you really need a full containment rest I'd check out the QAD Ultra rest, I've never used it personally but have heard some very good things about it. If you really like the bisquit except for your vane issue then I'd try the Blazers as TE suggested, their a lot stiffer and shouldn't wrinkle. They still might pull loose though after shooting them a while. Bottom line any friction is going to effect your fletching over a long enough time.
Old 07-14-2006, 08:56 AM
Giant Nontypical

if you have the right size biscuit it wont wrinkle the vanes end of story
Old 07-14-2006, 08:59 AM
Fork Horn

Ripcord or trophy taker
Old 07-14-2006, 09:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Trophy Taker is a nice rest, and they're are plenty of other quality drop-aways out there too!
Old 07-14-2006, 09:51 AM

What is the right size whisker biscuit, one that is a foot by a foot??

Of course it will wrinkle your vanes, if you have certain types of vanes. The blazers I have started using don't seem to wrinkle, but the quickspins and duravanes?? (I think they were called) sure did wrinkle.

Quick Reply: The bisquit is coming off!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.