Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Gorilla Alluminum climbing sticks >

Gorilla Alluminum climbing sticks

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Gorilla Alluminum climbing sticks

Old 07-11-2006, 05:54 PM
Banned

Default Gorilla Alluminum climbing sticks

Well, I saw these as a new product on gorillas' website and I had to go down to sportsman's whse to check them out. They are easy to setup and very durable and strong IMO. They are rated at 250 lbs andthe lone wolfs are rated at 350#, but to look at each of them they look the same in strength.They are duplicating lone wolfs steps and have pivoting steps so that the step can be flippedfrom left to right. The gorillas' backbrace that goes against the tree is solid and the lone wolfs pivots. The gorillas come in timber illusion camo and the lone wolfs come in olive. The price difference between the two is $27.00 cheaper per three sticks in favor of the gorillas. The gorillas are 4-5'' longer per stick than the lone wolf. Both are made out of aluminum. The gorillas' steps are a little bigger too andI wear asize 13 boot so that was a plus to me. They both felt similiar in weight, the lone wolf a few onces lighter maybe. Both the lone wolf and these gorillas are great products. Here are my new gorillas in my backyd tonite.HCH
Old 07-11-2006, 07:49 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Gorilla Alluminum climbing sticks

Good Review, thanks for that. I'm glad to see the forum used for it's purpose. I look forward to each review. Thank HCH.
Old 07-12-2006, 02:49 PM
Fork Horn

I haven't seen these yet, however if they are anything like the Lone Wolf's they are nice for quick setups. I think I spent around $100 for the Lone Wolf's 2 years ago.
Old 07-13-2006, 12:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Compare the quality of Lone Wolf to the Gorilla, side-by-side, and the decision will be made for you!
Old 07-13-2006, 04:48 PM
Banned

I did LW, the store sold both. Hey,I love the climber though.HCH
Old 07-15-2006, 11:51 AM

Nothing wrong with the Gorilla sticks, if Lone Wolf didn't make their sticks I'd be using the Gorillas.

Hardcore touched on one difference between the Lone Wolf and the Gorilla that to me, is a biggie. Its the brace behind the sticks that bite into the tree. On the Lone Wolf, they pivot. The Gorillas do not. If you always climb strait trees, its no big deal. But if youhunt out oftrees that are crooked or branch out below your stand, the pivoting braces make all the difference in the world.
Old 07-15-2006, 12:10 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: Olink

Nothing wrong with the Gorilla sticks, if Lone Wolf didn't make their sticks I'd be using the Gorillas.

Hardcore touched on one difference between the Lone Wolf and the Gorilla that to me, is a biggie. Its the brace behind the sticks that bite into the tree. On the Lone Wolf, they pivot. The Gorillas do not. If you always climb strait trees, its no big deal. But if youhunt out oftrees that are crooked or branch out below your stand, the pivoting braces make all the difference in the world.
Hey Olink, I could make mine pivot easily by grinding off a lip on each edge. It would take under a minute for each stick. Is it a great deal to have these pivot? I just figured they didn't for copyright infringements with LW. HCH
Old 07-17-2006, 01:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

If Lone Wolf wouldn't have made their sticks, Gorilla wouldn't have had anything to copy!
Old 07-17-2006, 01:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah... well... Gorilla treestands have a more comfortable seat!
Old 07-17-2006, 01:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm just screwing with you Lone Wolf...

Quick Reply: Gorilla Alluminum climbing sticks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.