Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Ol Man Treestands

Old 07-08-2006, 03:16 PM
Fork Horn

Default Ol Man Treestands

Was browsing awhile ago and found this www.olmanoutdoors.com

Looks like they may be trying to make a comeback.
Old 07-08-2006, 04:44 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Ol Man Treestands

That would be very cool, I love my Ol'man climber.....

Old 07-08-2006, 10:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

i may get one eventually

Old 07-11-2006, 07:22 AM

very nice -- owned one for years --- like it a lot...
Old 07-11-2006, 08:46 AM
Boone & Crockett

The gentlemanI work for purchased Ol-Man and all the rights to the stands.

The stands have been redesigned to be stronger than they have ever been and they now farsurpass all TMA standards. It's not the same company any more but the stands are still the samestyleswith all the same featuresthat everyone loves about the Ol-Man.

The treestands will be in our warehouse by the end of next week and we will be sending them out to dealers shortly there after.
Old 07-11-2006, 09:07 AM
Fork Horn

I hope some of the old dealers pick them back up. The store here in our small town that carried the stands picked up the gorilla that resembles the ol man. I emailed olman and got reply in less than a day and said the dealers list would be on their site by end of July so we will see how widespread the dealers will be.
Old 07-11-2006, 04:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

Strange name, don't you think! What about an old man goes with a tree stand. Summits, pretty easy to make the jump. I have a North star as well, again easy, but an old man? Most old men I know have a hard time putting their arms over there heads, are chrochety and smell.

I don't get it!Nothing against them, most likely a fine stand, just don't get it.

Old 07-11-2006, 08:59 PM

I've used one for 8 years and have never had one problem. I heard they got sued a few years ago because some guy died using the harness they provided with the stand.The old harnesses I guess would suffocate you if you fell out of the tree since they weren't full body harnesses. They also had problems with the metal teeth that dig into the tree either bending or breaking off I don't recall exactly what the problem was. This is what I remembered from the articles I read.Don't take this as the absolute facts, but I think I'm pretty close. I think they got a bad wrap. I found this out when I went to buy another Ol man stand. I've always loved my stand and I have always felt safe using it. I even trust it enough to let my son use it. I think I'm going to get the new aluminum version when I get the money. Hunting out of a tree stand is dangerous, everyone who hunts knows that.
Old 07-12-2006, 06:15 AM

sold my ol' man to my old neighbor. dumb decision. i'll be getting another one. love those stands. sold him my husky 55 chainsaw and ol man in one swoop. i'm a frikkin' idiot.
Old 07-12-2006, 12:35 PM
Boone & Crockett

Just want to make it 100% sure in everyones mind that the new Ol Man stands are not the same stands any more. While they are the same designs rest assured that they are now stronger and safer than they have ever been.

When the new "Ol Man" went to inspect the testing methods, so on and so on he personally failed several stand designs and harness designs that passed all TMA specs and would have been certified. TMA gives a treestand certain limits on how much a stand can permanently bend after holding a specific ammount of weight for a specific ammount of time. He refused to accept stands designs that would hold a permanent bend and failed one after another until the stands didn't show any permanent bending.

Same goes for the harnesses. He failed one after the other until a harness was made that showed absolutely no signs of failure when the testings were done.

i'm a frikkin' idiot.
You got that right.

Quick Reply: Ol Man Treestands

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.