HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting Gear Review (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review-31/)
-   -   Best bow for the money? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review/146102-best-bow-money.html)

jaragon 06-25-2006 09:21 PM

Best bow for the money?

I have been looking for a new bow in Sportsmans Warehouse. They carry Parker, Ross, Bowtech, Browning and PSE. Out of these companies what model and company make the best bow for all around hunting? (Deer, Elk) I have been looking at the Bowtech Allegiance and the Browning Illusion but do not know which is better.

Matt/TN 06-25-2006 10:03 PM

RE: Best bow for the money?

go with the allegiance but to answer your question, for the money nd i know they dont sell them but the reflex line especially the excursion are great bows for the money

jonnyslim 06-25-2006 10:04 PM

Defenitly shoot the Ross. its not the fastest bow in the world but its one of the quietest has zero hand shock and has imo the smoothest draw cycle. the price isnt too bad either. I would give up an arm for one.

Matt/TN 06-26-2006 08:36 AM

yeah definately ross but of the two u mentioned i would go with the allegiance

Illinoisbow 06-26-2006 08:41 PM

the best bow for the money in MO would have to be the PSE Bruin. It is quiet, no handshock, and fast enough to kill a bear. And it only cost 550 for the bow and many accesories.

hardcorehunter 06-26-2006 08:43 PM

ORIGINAL: Cougars09

go with the allegiance but to answer your question, for the money nd i know they dont sell them but the reflex line especially the excursion are great bows for the money

Yep; tookk the words right out of my mouth. Reflex is an awesome bow. Ask Chuck Adams
HCH[/align]

Kelly/KY 06-26-2006 09:09 PM

I'm a bowtech guy, so the allegiance has my vote, however, I've heard many great things about Ross. Also, you might want to check out the Diamond line of bows, like the victory or liberty, made by bowtech.

Kelly

Kybuckhunter 06-26-2006 10:30 PM

This is like asking every one whats the bestfood.

Most people will just recommend what they shoot. There are tons of good bows out there and if you shoot as many as you can you'll find whats right for you. Don't get caught up in all the hype. Good luck.

Matt/TN 06-26-2006 11:09 PM

my recomm. i didnt shoot

hunter9022 06-27-2006 01:30 AM

Look at the specs. Do you want a longer ATA bow, or shorter? What IBO speed do you want? Parallel limbs or not? Is weight a factor when you are hunting elk in the mountains? My recomendation for a bow: 34" ATA, 310 IBO speed, Parallel limbs, under 3.5 lbs. If you can, go shoot the bow you want to buy.