HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting Gear Review (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review-31/)
-   -   What sight is the latest and greatest in 3 pin BRIGHT sights? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review/145632-what-sight-latest-greatest-3-pin-bright-sights.html)

hardcorehunter 06-20-2006 11:41 AM

What sight is the latest and greatest in 3 pin BRIGHT sights?

Going to be setting my new Tribute up soon with and I want to know. Thanks, I like bright sights for dusk and dawn.
HCH

[/align]

Rick James 06-20-2006 01:48 PM

RE: What sight is the latest and greatest in 3 pin BRIGHT sights?

Sword twilight hunter. 4 pins actually, but the brightest pins out there IMHO.

Iowa Monsterbuck 06-20-2006 01:50 PM

I really like the wrapped fiber sights, looking at the Cobra Sidewinder and the Toxonics K9 HD myself but interested to hear what others have to say.

I have been using an Impact Trio which is about the brightest sight I've ever seen but it's all plastic and I worry it will get broken sometime. That said it's lasted 3 seasons now.

Allseasonhunter7 06-20-2006 02:08 PM

try a copperjohn deadnuts

4wheeldrive 06-20-2006 02:19 PM

IMPACT ARCHERY HAS SOME OF THE BRIGHTESS SIGHTS I HAVE SEEN

VAhuntr 06-20-2006 02:30 PM

Vital Bow Gear is bright as well.

Iowa Monsterbuck 06-20-2006 02:46 PM

Never heard of Sword brand. Do they have a website?

hardcorehunter 06-20-2006 06:07 PM

ORIGINAL: Allseasonhunter7

try a copperjohn deadnuts
Used to have one. Very dark sights. Lousy at dusk and dawn. Ditched it and have a Fuse now. Just can't put a Fuse on a Bowtech.
HCH[/align]

txjourneyman 06-20-2006 07:14 PM

Hey HCH, I'm very impressed with my new Black Gold Dusk Devil II.
It is well named. Only problem is that it has 4 pins not 3. I have been back yard shooting at dusk and I can see the pins fine until legal light is over. Legal light ends 1/2 hr after sunset here. So the pins are good 'til killing time is over. Check one out. Priced resonably as well.

mobow 06-20-2006 08:15 PM

If you like the Fuse, it's pretty much a Cobra Sidewinder. Those are awesome, as are Vital Bow Gear.

Rick James 06-20-2006 08:17 PM

ORIGINAL: Cabelas4Toys

Never heard of Sword brand. Do they have a website?
www.swordacusite.com

I have the apex micro 3rd plane on my A7, and have one of their brand new unreleased camo ones that should be here tomorrow exactly like it for my XT for hunting. I actually had a spot hogg hogg it before this site and sold it to fund this sword (at full cost) because of the bigger bubble, finer pins, and less cluttered sight picture. After shooting it a few weeks I decided to get it in the shop because they are so well machined and the customer service is great. You can get with any variation of pin sizes when you order, we carry them in .029, .019, .010, and mixed sizes in the display cabinet.

My hunting bow this year will be have the apex micro 3rd plane site with the top pin .029 fiber size, 2nd .019 size, and 3rd and down .010. I will probably have the light mounted on the bottom of the sight as well to put light directly on the smallest fiber and to keep it from shining down when your in a tree.

The twilight hunter pic is below.

Illinoisbow 06-20-2006 08:52 PM

i here vital bow gear sights are bright. i'm thinking about buying one myself

buckeye 06-21-2006 02:47 AM

I have the Sure Loc Cobra Sidewinder on my tribute.

Very brightand micro adjustable Has all the bells and whistles and is 2nd and 3rd axis adjustable.

I bought it with the .029 pins though not the .019's for hunting, although it is a 5 pin sight but you can remove 2 pins.

Here is a link
http://www.cabelas.com/products/Cpod0033072.jsp

Squirreldog 06-21-2006 12:08 PM

I shoot a HHA OL 5500. It does good at dusk and dawn.

KodiakArcher 06-21-2006 05:01 PM

If you hunt in any brush at all, steer clear of the Cobra Sidewinder and anyhting that uses the same pin design. I have broken at least one of the 3 pins every time I have taken it hunting. They are just too exposed and too frail, they are damn bright though. If you want one PM me and I'll sell you mine (I have one in .029 and one in .019 pins).

PABowhntr 06-22-2006 05:29 AM

Throw another vote in for the Cobra Sidewinder. I have the Radiant model now for two seasons and I love it. Despite Kodiak's comments I have not had any problems with durability either with the pins or the rest of the sight. It is very bright and extremely simple to use. I would definitely recommend it.

nodog 06-22-2006 06:18 AM

Those Cobra's are nice, and it would be a bummer to break pins, have read many posts where sites that use pin deigns similar to the cobra have broken. I have a cover for my site and have hunted through some brush (couldn't shoot in there anyway) on my way to a stand where, on checking over my equipment in the evening found my vanes shredded, but the cover protected the pins. Good point though Kodiak although it shouldn't stop someone from taking a shot, just a bummer to have to buy new ones. Also, any similar site, if references are known and the tool needed is along, a person should be able to slide the next pininto the position needed. The Cobra's with the site extension, like mine are removable. I remove my site if needed until the stand is reached. Even pulling one up a tree can be tricky, leaving it off until the bow reaches the top is a good option to have.

I realize some shots maybe taken in route and for that and other reasons it good to practise without a site. If it can happen, it most likely will, so knowing before hand is always a bonus.

Kodiak it sounds like you should just use some hardened bolts.:DJust a reference point anyways.

Cobra's with the extension get my vote.

KodiakArcher 06-22-2006 12:48 PM

ORIGINAL: nodog

Kodiak it sounds like you should just use some hardened bolts.:DJust a reference point anyways.
Hardened bolts hmmm... I've got some old stainless pins, or I could go back to the longbow. It's easier to crawl through the grass with as well.

Rick James 06-22-2006 02:15 PM

Oh man, my new camo apex micro 3rd plane came in today at the shop. I am headed there in a few minutes to pick that up.

nodog 06-22-2006 08:00 PM

Everyday is Christmas for you isn't it Rick.:DThat apex looks like the ticket!

Iowa Monsterbuck 06-23-2006 10:45 AM

Pin durability is why I'm also considering the Toxonics sight. The 2006 sights have an all metal pin tht protects the fiber optics from breaking.

nodog 06-23-2006 11:57 AM

Ya got'a love that one too!:D

KodiakArcher 06-23-2006 03:26 PM

Yep, that's what's going on my new BowTech next week.

Squirreldog 06-23-2006 07:05 PM

I just recieved a new Toxonics BS - 50 topgun today. Its just a three pin sigh it doesnt have the coils of fiber, I dont know what you callthem!Its got a place for a light, thinking aboutgettingone,any feed back on lights would be appreciated.
It sure made my bow lighter, and it lookslike its going to be allright too.

hardcorehunter 06-23-2006 08:46 PM

Here is what I got. Black Gold RadiantThe brightest I have seen and my pro shop had them in stock. These are really bright and am shooting great with it.Thanks for all your input guys. This was the clear winner for me from the selection at the pro shop and I am happy and I didn't have to wait for a custom order.I tried them after legal light tonite andI could see them well still. http://www.blackgoldsights.com/radiant_bowsight.html
HCH

[/align]

jeremy3303 06-24-2006 08:23 AM

vital bow gear are some of the brightest sight i have seen

nodog 06-24-2006 01:23 PM

After looking more closlyat the cobra site I see it only has half a reference ring. Don't think I like that.

Iowa Monsterbuck 07-05-2006 02:28 PM

Hardcore, I just looked at that Radiantin the package and it really is a bright sight. Are the pins metal or plastic? Did you get the one that has the chromatic uv darkening cover?

waltwittman 07-26-2006 12:01 PM

G5!!!!

tschammel 07-26-2006 01:57 PM

Walt you have to take it out of the package and use it before you
can promote the damb thing. I thought you had a cobra on
your bow?

waltwittman 07-27-2006 10:37 AM

i do, but i know quality when i see it; that's why you always end up getting the same $#&t as me!!!

tschammel 07-27-2006 10:57 AM

Like what?