Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

summit stands

Old 06-08-2006, 03:24 AM
Spike

Default summit stands

I know from past posts there is alot of talk of Lone wolf and Summit stands.Has or can anyone give me input on summits ClearShot climbing stand?Thanks for your time.
Old 06-08-2006, 11:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: summit stands

Best advise for anyone looking to buy a climber is to go see them in-person before purchasing. Play with as many as you can, and you will see the differences between the brands and designs.
Old 06-08-2006, 08:18 PM
Typical Buck

I agree withlonewolf. the best way to decide on a stand is to compare inperson. I also suggest going somewhere that has many different stands on display(ex.cabelas). itis hard to full test a stand so i would also look for feedback around the site
Old 06-12-2006, 08:43 PM

the best climber for the money is the summit viper
Old 06-13-2006, 03:10 AM
Spike

Thank you for the replies.I have the goliath stand,and by all means it's great but I'm looking for one that doesn't have the bar in the front.Thanks again
Old 06-13-2006, 05:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

I agree... Summit Viper and Goliath are the best bet for a climber. They are lightweight and rugged. But be warned - they are so comfortable you will find yourself nodding off to sleep (I've been known to do that before...) [:-]

Summit stands are so comfortable they are like strapping a Laz-E-boy recliner up in a tree!

Old 06-13-2006, 12:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

First off let me say, I respect everyone's opinions regarding comfort. For my style of hunting, comfort comes last....
Old 06-16-2006, 09:42 PM

ORIGINAL: The Lone Wolf

First off let me say, I respect everyone's opinions regarding comfort. For my style of hunting, comfort comes last....
Without comfort,one cannot sit in a stand for a long period of time. You can doubt me all you want, but onceone gets so uncomfortable, or starts to go numb,they tend to move around more. This movement causes the gamethey hunts to get spooked and run off.
Old 06-19-2006, 06:24 PM

ORIGINAL: ButchA

I agree... Summit Viper and Goliath are the best bet for a climber. They are lightweight and rugged. But be warned - they are so comfortable you will find yourself nodding off to sleep (I've been known to do that before...) [:-]

Summit stands are so comfortable they are like strapping a Laz-E-boy recliner up in a tree!
i couldn't have put it any better myself! thanks butch !
Old 06-19-2006, 10:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have a summit and now a North Star Tree Cat Climber. Just tried the Tree Cat the other day. Won't be using the Summit anymore. This thing is nice and climbs a much bigger tree, just as comfortable, quieter, the belts are a ton better than the cables and very well balanced. Comes with straps for your feet but it is so easy to lift all that is needed is to slip your feet under the side braces. And the belts on the base saftley adjust up to 7"'s smaller for a tapering tree with just a squeeze on the ratch. The seat is manually done so it is more. You can use you foot on the descent. Comes with a bar that can be swung under the seat if you like. The bar is used for sit and climb as well.

Quick Reply: summit stands

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.