Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Rocket Broadheads.

Old 09-20-2012, 05:07 PM
Typical Buck

Default Rocket Broadheads.

Does anybody use Rocket Aeroheads? I started using them again after going from Rocky Mountain Snypers to Rage(briefly)to Slick Tricks. I find myself shooting a crossbow again. When I hunted with a crossbow years ago , I used Rocket Aerohead Steelhead 4 . They were an excelent head,as long as you understood the limitations of a jack-knife style head. Years later (and one bum shoulder)Rocket no longer makes the Steelhead 4. The redesigned Steelhead 3 blade doesn't look good to me at all. I decided to give the Meat Seekers a try. I had mixed success. I noticed some pretty neat things and some pretty bad things. Neat:the Meatseekers punched right through a shoulder bone like it wasn't even there. I didn't even realize that I hit it until I field dressed the deer. Bad:I don't think they were opening all the way. Some of the wound channels were pretty small. I also lost one of only two deer I have ever lost with these heads. I decided to switch to another head in the Rocket family. I'm looking at Sidewinders as a replacement for the Meat Seekers. I am not crazy about the oversized cutting diameter or that it is a Jack-knife style head. However;due to the "Rage Revolution" every manufacturer seems convinced that Broadheads need to mow the lawn on the way to the deer. In my opinion,1 1/8" is more than enough cutting diameter. Unless somebody has a stash of Steelhead 4s that they would be willing to part with, I will try the Sidewinders. Until they let me down.