Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Question for the Hoyt Shooters? >

Question for the Hoyt Shooters?

Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Question for the Hoyt Shooters?

Old 06-19-2006, 06:28 PM

Default RE: Question for the Hoyt Shooters?

if i didn't buy a vipertec last year ,i would get a trykon ,oh well maybe i hit the lottery!
Old 06-20-2006, 04:39 PM

i love my trykon except for the fact the fastest i can get it is 265 cause i bought the 50 to 60 pound trykon and i have a 29 inch draw. i wish i went with the 60 to 70 pound model but oh well it will still drop the big one
Old 06-30-2006, 08:16 AM
Typical Buck

I looked at a Trykon a few months ago an really liked it. I will be in the market for a new bow this year and have narrowed it down to the Trykon XL and the Ross CR337. Im not worried too much about blistering speed, i just want an accurate, forgiving bow. I will go with the 50-60 pound model, make life a little easier on my arms.
Are the Trykons more on speed that forginess and accuracy or will i get the best of both worlds.

Dave
Old 06-30-2006, 08:25 AM
Banned

I have a Trykon and so does my wife. I chronoed mine the other day at 288 fps at 70#'s with a 29'' draw length and 29'' arrow with a Carbon Express Maxima 350 arrow. I traded a Xtech in on it. Quite a bow. I also have a Bowtech Tribute.I like the Hoyt a tad better.HCH
Old 07-01-2006, 04:28 AM

I shot a Trykon XL a couple months back. I was expecting a very harsh draw, I was pretty suprised how easy it was(60 or 62 # i can't remember). The bake over was not too bad, I don't want to use smooth to describe it. It has been awhile sinece I owend a hoyt, but from what I can remember the zepher cam is not too much more agressive than the cam and 1/2 I shot. I was thinking buying one, until I shot another bow and liked it a lot more. I will not name it because I don't want to high-jack this thread.
I have read about string buzz on the Trykon and some folks were not happy about the factory stings, but those were to only negatives I seen about this bow.
Plus it looks pretty cool with the split parellel limbs
Old 07-05-2006, 08:58 AM

I love my Trykon
Old 07-05-2006, 11:35 PM

I shot alot of bows a few months back, when i was looking to buy. I narrowed it down to the Trykon XT and the Switchback. both are great bows! The Switchback all around felt better to me!
Old 07-08-2006, 08:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

I went and shot many of the most popualr bows and models before falling in love with the Trykon. It has been THE best shooting rig I've ever owned. No regrets, I can't wait to get it into the deer woods and see how she performs! I promise, you'll love the machine! Good luck and good shootin'