Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

IQ Retina Lock Sight

Old 10-22-2013, 07:33 PM
Typical Buck

Default IQ Retina Lock Sight

Anyone use one of these sights? Just saw one advertised so it got me thinking, lol. Is this a gimmick?
Old 10-24-2013, 06:36 AM
Typical Buck

i bought one of those things years back, im sure theyve improved but im guessing its the same general theory. I never really got into using mine, i just couldnt pull myself away from my peep but i dont see why not.
Old 10-24-2013, 06:37 AM
Typical Buck

hey i might pull mine out, if you want to try one cheap ill make you a deal on it
Old 10-24-2013, 04:39 PM
Typical Buck

There's a couple ringing endorsements. Thanks for the input. Everything looks good in the advertising, lol.
Old 10-25-2013, 03:08 PM
Boone & Crockett

Good advertising will sell product. IMO this may be a good idea for a beginning shooter in developing muscle memory. But someone who has been shooting for a while and has good form and is consistant I don't believe would benefit much from this sight.
Old 11-29-2015, 04:48 PM
Spike

I know this is a old post but I just came across this post and I thought I would just share my thoughts on these sights. I bought one and use it all the time I got the seven pin sight IQ Retina. I use my peep sight still and I always will use my peep sight. I've done the research on these sights and they are call the IQ lock because you set the IQ lock part of it to your form so you get the same form every time for better accuracys. That's the only thing different about them then a regular sight. You still sight it in the same way as you would a normal sight it's just so you can have better accuracy you just have to line the dots up every time once you are ready to shot.
Old 12-01-2015, 12:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have two of these 7 pin sights with Retina lock and the rheostat light. I imported mine and have since found 5 pin would have been sufficient. The main thing is to get your sight pins properly set, then and only then adjust your retina lock. Moving the sights afterward, one will have to readjust the retina lock. At full draw all one does is a quick glance at the dot in the target of the retina lock which if off center immediately shows you have the bow canted. I use a peep in the bow string and shoot with both eyes open. Being I do a lot of inside target shooting, this is where the sight light plays an important part. All the best.