Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

wildlife Eye By MAD

Old 06-07-2006, 04:59 PM
Host of Hosts

Default RE: wildlife Eye By MAD

OK Page 12 page 13 whatever. It still seems to be a big secret. Is there a fine print somewhere on the instruction sheet that tells you not to tell anyone else what cameras to buy? I don't know what a LANC connection is, and neither do some folks that sell them I guess. My point is....If I have to try this hard to find a compatible camera to the wildlife eye unit I'm gonna tend topass on a purchase of one. If the makers of the Wildlife Eye don't want you to buy just the unit without the camera they shouldn't have offered it seperately. You see what I'm saying? Just sellit with a camera included (as they do) and not tell everyone "Hey it will work with over 125 other camera models".
Old 06-08-2006, 07:50 AM
Fork Horn

I also had Ciruit City tell me they had no idea what a lank was. I got my camera information from the Bass Pro advertisement for the Wildlife Eye. I got the Eye from Native outdoors for $249 and the Sony camera new from E-bay for $220. My camera was awsome during the late deer season and into turkey season. It took footage from about 50 feet out. Now that it is hot I am having a hard time getting the sensitivity to trip beyond about 15 feet. Its really not a bad deal for a scouting camera considering it cost less than most digital still cameras. As far as the Camcorder goes you can use it any time for any occasion. The same camera you use at home will work in the Wildlife Eye.
Old 06-20-2006, 03:09 PM

when I got my MAD Wildlife eye I found the list of cameras it works with on this website
http://store.totalsporting.net/madmd755.htmlit has a large list of sony cameras,MAD states that some Cannon camcorders work but none are listed on this site. So I picked up a Sony on Ebay
Old 06-20-2006, 03:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

yeah send us some video when you get some
Old 06-20-2006, 03:43 PM

well do! ...when I figure out how
Old 06-27-2006, 01:27 AM
Spike

WellI have had it out for three weeks and it is GREAT.
Going out to the store to get me a battery for my cam. that last longer than 60 min.
Old 06-22-2008, 12:39 PM

Any update on this?
Old 06-24-2008, 07:28 AM
Spike

I had 2 of these when they came out in 2005 as samples. Never used them, just sold them to accounts, but I kept the sony handy cam that came with my 1 unit, that works great and sold the 2 housings. But on the box it had stated all the cameras it would work with. It was also stated in literature when they came out that all cameras needed LANC to work with these units. Now I don't know if you got the new version that just came out or the old version. Kolpin since sold the MAD lineto Flambeau Outdoorsover a year ago so its no longer in their conglomerate of companies or have anything to do with MAD.
Old 07-01-2008, 10:13 PM

the drury team seem to have fun with them...have you got yours yet??
Old 07-19-2008, 06:25 PM

TTT any information on where to find a list of compatable cameras?

Quick Reply: wildlife Eye By MAD

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.