Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

wildlife Eye By MAD

Old 05-26-2006, 12:20 AM
Spike

Default wildlife Eye By MAD

Well I bought the wildlife eye and its on the way. I hope I like it. Has anyone used this before ? if so tell me you liked it. lol
Old 05-26-2006, 04:29 AM
Banned

Default RE: wildlife Eye By MAD

No but keep us posted.
Old 05-26-2006, 07:31 AM
Fork Horn

Loved it. Takes time to get it adjusted right but make sure you watch the video that comes with it and it will make it easier. Gives you great info
Old 05-30-2006, 11:40 PM
Spike

Thanks for the post. I just got it from the UPS man today. Got it out looked it over and found my camcorder was not on the list for the wildlife eye.
Well I made it work by lifting up the long view finder. just so happens to fit then lucky for me. Got it setup for a test run in the house works pretty good in the house. Now I need to test it today outside.
Not to hard to setup I might say. Watched the video and read the book it came with they sent and they go over alot with it. I hope it does well out in the field.
Old 06-01-2006, 07:20 PM
Boone & Crockett

Please keep us updated on your success of failures with this product. I am thinking of one myself.
Old 06-04-2006, 12:01 AM
Spike

Well here is an somewhat of an update. Set the unit up outside in the back yard . I had all the dip switches set before hand. All I had to dowas set the sensitivity on it.
That took some time. But got it set for 40-45 feet. The temp. outside was around 75 .
Then I went outside that night in the yard and checked the sensitivity. Well it went from 40-45 during the day up to 60 feet away that was a big jump. So i set it that night for 40 feet I hope when I check it during the day it will read . will let you know .
Old 06-04-2006, 08:38 AM
Host of Hosts

Personally I think it total BS for the manufacturer to keep secret the information you need to buy a compatible camera. I went to the Kolpin website and downloaded the instruction manual to read up on the unit. What I found was that in the beginning of the instructions they said on page 13 you could find a list of compatible cameras. Well page 13 is not in the pdf file. Nowhere on the manufactures website is a list of cameras. I asked at 2 different local stores if they carried camcorders with a LANC connection, neither store could answer my question. They didn't have any idea of what I was talking about.

After a 2 1/2 hour search the only model I could come up with that is for sure compatible with the Wildlife Eye is the Sony DCR-HC21. If I'm going to invest in something this pricey I want good customer service and good information. I find neither with this product. I'm not trying to bash the product. I like the idea of it, but I don't want to be frustrated right from the get go. I'm gonna buy something else.
Old 06-04-2006, 10:13 PM
Spike

Set the unit out today. That sensitivity adjustment is something. It would be better if thay had a switch that was for Hot ,mild, or cold setting. But it is out there now. Hope I get so great footage on it.
Your right fight4yourguns they should have a better list AND sizes that would work in the unit. But i have found that any camcorder with a Lanc connection And night site or night vision will work. You have to have both to get the best from the unit. But it is a must for the Lanc connection to be there. or it will not work. AlSO what was the stores you went too that DIDNT know anything about the Lanc connection on a camcorder? That Blows my mind. It must of been WAL-MART No crack on you Just WAL-MART.
Will let you all know what I come up with after its out in the woods for sometime. Later
Old 06-05-2006, 04:39 PM
Host of Hosts

Cicuit City was one of them and the other was Sears. If I could find more info on the compatible cameras I'd buy one. Who's got page 13?
Old 06-06-2006, 02:32 PM
Spike

Thats a shame that people at circuit city and sears didnt know. I would try best Buy. But anyway I think the print thats on the instruction booklet is wrong. Or miss print. It should say (see attached list on page 12) It gives you a list of 125 new and older models that will work. But I have to say That any camcorder that has a lanc connection,and night vision will work BUT YOU GOT to watch how big the camcorder is if you dont go with what is on the list. Hope that helps

Quick Reply: wildlife Eye By MAD

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.