Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Double Bull sold out and went to CHINA?

Old 05-15-2006, 02:55 PM
Banned

Default RE: Double Bull sold out and went to CHINA?

Here are my two chairs. Double Bull chair for $30 and Gander Mountain or $10. Both are basically identical.

Old 05-15-2006, 03:37 PM
Banned

Mobo thanks again. I played with the blind just now and I can open it quietly; what a difference letting the pressure off of those corner straps made.It's not the rods but the hub centers that come in contact at times and making the metallic noise. Overall I think it is going to be a great blind just like my BS5. I think the BS5 is more of a deer blind as you can have no black windows showing. I would assume that the mesh on the Matrix is not designed to shoot through like the BS5 is. I have found like the Double Bull boys say"whitetails won't tolerate the black windows." I only ground blind hunt for whitetails during late season muzzleloader when it's below zero and I can bring my Mr. Heater lil' buddy heater in.
Old 05-15-2006, 03:37 PM

Your blind is the new All Purpose Predator. Same as mine. I've never thought of covering the rods with anything, but again, mine is quiet as a church mouse. I have a spare video if you are interested. PM and I'll get it out to you. It's not much, but it explains a couple of things.

I would assume that the mesh on the Matrix is not designed to shoot through like the BS5 is. I have found like the Double Bull boys say"whitetails won't tolerate the black windows."
You can most certainly shoot through the mesh on the Matrix. I did a few times just for practice. One tip on the mesh....I bought a few cheap memo clips. I pull the mesh taught and clip it to the bottom curtain. Works very well. As long as your mechanicals don't have the big "L" arms, they work perfectly. As far as the windows go, I don't know......I was muzzle loader hunting out of a Doghouse last year w/ the net up and had deer at 5 yards. Now, they looked at me, actually, stared at me several times, but I could have killed any of them at any time. They finally just walked off unalerted.

One more edit.......Now that you've let the pressure off the corners, if the walls do become a touch loose the hubs are 1/4 turn like your old blind is I believe. Only problem I have w/ that is I have to turn them every time I set the blind up. I think I need to tighten my corners back up a little now that it's been used some.
Old 05-15-2006, 03:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

Hey Hardcore

When I was reading your post I saw my last name & I thought how does this guy know me but then it dawned on me that you were talking about a portable Heater l o l.
Old 05-15-2006, 04:01 PM
Banned

LOL RD. Thanks for all the tips mobo. I'll wait till I hear from Double Bull. Iam sure they will give a video to keep me happy. I have three of their other videos. What a life; travel around the world and kill stuff out of a blind and write it all off as business.....If I sound jealous it is because I am.
Old 05-15-2006, 05:17 PM
Banned

Double Bull just emailed me and are sending me a video. They offered to build me a blind in America at a little higher price. I didn't ask how much higher as I have already used this one.
Old 05-15-2006, 05:25 PM

They offered to build you one in America at a higher price???????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WTH???

Not cool. Damn, and I really like this blind, too. But I'm afraid it will be my last one. What a shame. What a shame. Somebody's lettin the money go to their little heads I think. Used to be, in the beginning, they used what ever equipment they wanted. Now they use what their sponsors send them. I really liked them a lot more when they were just themselves and not so commercialized. I'm afraid that's the way of the businesss, though.
Old 05-15-2006, 05:43 PM
Banned

Here is my email I received:
Don & Sarah, [/align][/align]Email me your address and I will send you the instructional video right away. As for the made in china, it is. I can only assure you that there is no difference in quality as the raw goods are completely identical to the ones we use here when we make them. The only difference is where they are made. If I were to take the tag of that says made in china or in the USA, I know you could not tell the difference. If you prefer, we can make you one here, and would gladly do so. it would cost a little bit more, but we can do it if you wish. If you have any questions feel free to contact me at 888-464-0409, otherwise email me your address and I will get the video coming, thanks[/align][/align]John @ double bull[/align]
Old 05-15-2006, 06:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hardcore, thanks for the heads up. You are right on the money. When I read your post I checked mine out and it has the Made In America tag attached. I'm looking to purchase the newMatrix 360and thought I might just drop Double Bull a line on this rumor. The response below is from Double Bull:

It is true, however, if you prefer to have a USA model, we can get one for you. Thanks[/align][/align]Double Bull[/align][/align]I guess quantity now takes preference over quality.[:-][/align][/align][/align]