Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Double Bull sold out and went to CHINA?

Old 05-14-2006, 04:00 PM

Default RE: Double Bull sold out and went to CHINA?

I guess they make those walls that tight so it fits in that tiny box all nice and square. That's the first thing I had to do to mine as well. I'm not sure about this noise you are referring too. Mine is quiet as a church mouse.

I don't know what these "shockcords" are you refer to......
Old 05-14-2006, 04:55 PM
Dominant Buck

They shaved their labor cost to 25 cents per hour and all you got was a measly $40 discount ? Considering what those things cost shouldn't the discount have been larger comeasurate to the reduced labor cost ?
Old 05-14-2006, 05:14 PM

I was going to buy one wont anymore. Same reason I wont buy scentblocker clothes anymore. thanks for the heads up. you would thinka company mainly supported by north american consumers that they could support us and keep the jobs here. what are they going to do when all the work gose to other countries and we have no more money to buy their products.
Old 05-14-2006, 05:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

That new's disappoints me too it really sadden's me to see a an american business sell out worker's to overseas.
I have an old Double Bull that my wife bought for me over 4-5 year's ago I still use it everytime I need to do some ground hunting.
Old 05-14-2006, 08:22 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: mobowhuntr

I guess they make those walls that tight so it fits in that tiny box all nice and square. That's the first thing I had to do to mine as well. I'm not sure about this noise you are referring too. Mine is quiet as a church mouse.

I don't know what these "shockcords" are you refer to......
Shock cords are the fiberglass rods used in the hub. Actually shock cords are the rods used in dome tents that you put together as they have a cord running through them. Sorry, I meant the fiberglass rod. Don't you guys think that if the rods had a quiet coating that they would make the blind better?
Old 05-14-2006, 08:27 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: kevin1

They shaved their labor cost to 25 cents per hour and all you got was a measly $40 discount ? Considering what those things cost shouldn't the discount have been larger comeasurate to the reduced labor cost ?
I AGREE. My BS5 Double Bullmade in AMERICA was $440 and the Matrix is $400. Now they are selling a backpack for these things that cost.....hold on for this one or sit down...$229!!!!! The Scheels sporting good store where I bought it said that you don't get a video with them now cause the Double Bull boys sell them seperately. NO VIDEO AND MADE IN CHINA. What a deal. Where are Ameristep blinds made?
Old 05-15-2006, 08:43 AM

I ordered a Matrix from Cabelas a few months ago and it came with the "Another Year on the Ground V" VHS and an instructional DVD. The DVD didn't include any Matrix specific info on it, though.

I emailed Double Bull and asked them about it and they sent me the "Another Year on the Ground VI" DVD free of charge and it included an updated instructional DVD that included a couple chapters dedicated to Matrix features. The blind that I received was Predator Brown (not all-purpose), so I think it was a blind that had been sitting in Cabelas warehouse for at least a year.

I'm disappointed that they went to China too, but having owned cheaper blinds, I can honestly say that I'll never go back unless someone else can beat Double Bull's quality.
Old 05-15-2006, 10:38 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: hardcorehunter

ORIGINAL: kevin1

I AGREE. My BS5 Double Bull made in AMERICA was $440 and the Matrix is $400. Now they are selling a backpack for these things that cost.....hold on for this one or sit down...$229!!!!! The Scheels sporting good store where I bought it said that you don't get a video with them now cause the Double Bull boys sell them seperately. NO VIDEO AND MADE IN CHINA. What a deal. Where are Ameristep blinds made?
I'd have to look to be certain since I own one , but I think they're also assembled in China . I'm only on my second one in 7 years of hunting out of them though , and they cost a fraction(literally) of what a DB costs , perhaps you should take a second look at them instead .
Old 05-15-2006, 12:05 PM
Banned

Kevin, The ones that Ralph and Vicki endorse sure seem like they are worth taking a look at. They use to endorse Double Bull; wonder what happened with that relationship? I had considered taking it back and getting my money back but I am going to keep it. I emailed Double Bull about the China issue and asked where my DVD was but they haven't returned my email yet. Probably doing lunch with the Chinese and busy
Old 05-15-2006, 02:51 PM
Banned

Here is my new Matrix.

Quick Reply: Double Bull sold out and went to CHINA?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.