Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Block, cube?

Old 05-04-2006, 04:35 PM
bigcountry

Default Block, cube?

I have used a block before. Its ok. But I shot it out with broadheads. They are expensive.

Thinking of trying the cube. Seems little cheaper. Wondering if it will hold up to the broadhead use the block will? I hate the straps on the block.

Old 05-04-2006, 06:23 PM

Default RE: Block, cube?

The morrels yellow jacket for broad heads. hands down.
Old 05-05-2006, 02:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

http://www.broadheadtests.com/FEATURES.html
read this, it may help you out.
Old 05-05-2006, 06:17 AM
Giant Nontypical

I've used the yellow jacket and won't again. Needs a truck to pull them out. Wondered when I shot one if there was some kind of break in period, there was, when it was all shot up. The problem is they have corigated cardboard in side that the bh has to cut away on the way out. Try punching a hole in some with a bh and then pulling it out and you'll see what I mean.

I have currently one of the King targets sold at Keystone country store. Other than it's small size it works well, has taken many a shot and ata good price. Increasing densities of foam seems to work best in a bh target.
Old 05-05-2006, 12:16 PM
bigcountry

Seems like good info. Anyone try the "new" block that is seals so the layes don't fly all over the place?

Old 05-05-2006, 03:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

Nope, but I think they are twice the price of the kings. I don't think I'll give that one another chance either.
Old 05-05-2006, 05:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've had several targets, and have found the McKenzie [orange] to be the best so far. It has adjustable cables on the corners that you can tighten up twice when you shoot it loose.
Old 05-05-2006, 05:50 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: djkiller

The morrels yellow jacket for broad heads. hands down.
YEP. Use a bag target for field tips and the morrel yellow jacket for broadheads. I had a Block once; never again. WAAAAAAAAAY OVERPRICED and they shoot out fast.
Old 05-09-2006, 08:25 AM
Fork Horn

The new 4x4 Block is awesome. I tried the Yellow Jacket and my first arrow went right to the fletching and I chewed up the target in a couple days. I don't no what you guys are doing to make yours last but mine sure didn't.
Old 05-10-2006, 08:51 PM
Fork Horn

I've used the Cube before and it was great. Took quite a bit of shooting before i had any pass throughs. Never used a Block but a friend of mine said he shot 20-30 shots at one before it had pass throughs...

I'm using a Cabela's Bag right now for target and it's stopping everything I'm shooting at it. I'll switch to broadheads later this summer, not sure what i'll use then.

Quick Reply: Block, cube?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.