Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Montana Black Gold Skyline Sights. >

Montana Black Gold Skyline Sights.

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Montana Black Gold Skyline Sights.

Old 04-06-2006, 08:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Montana Black Gold Skyline Sights.

Has anyone tried the MontanaBlack Gold Skyline sights in an enclosed DB/Ameristep or any otherblind?
For me it's always been diffiucult seeing my pins early in the morning and late in the afternoon when hunting from a blind--Apparently the BG skyline sight now has the fibers enclosed in some form of plastic, that sits on top of the sight and this somehow traps light onto the fiber optics and enhance the brightness of the pins a whole lot more.
Can anyone comment on this--sounds interesting if it will work as they say it would.
Old 04-08-2006, 04:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Montana Black Gold Skyline Sights.

I have a Montana Black Gold Dusk Devil II, I seem to have no problem in low light. I did however get the sight light just in case I was in a blind and it was darker. So all in all, I would say you should be able to see pretty good with one, or at least I do! [8D]
Old 04-20-2006, 01:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

I ordered myself and yesterday received the Skyline Black Gold 4-pin sight and I was quite impressed with the brightness of the pins in low light. They doreflect enough, without having to use a light on the sightin the blind.
Hopefully in a few days time I'll put it to the test!!!
All in all it looks like a real sturdy sight, I'm pleased, so far so good.
Old 04-20-2006, 07:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey glad to hear. I might have trouble cause I am nearing 50 and wear bi-focals so I just needed some help to view in the blind. But otherwise I have shot better with them then any other sight! [8D]
Old 04-21-2006, 07:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

This May, I'll be fifty-one and I been wearing progressive lens now about 6-7 years. So I need all the help I can get with my sight, due to the poor light in the blind early in the morning and againapproaching dusk.
I've read on this sight before, guys commenting about why worry to have a light on your sight when it's so dark you cannot even see the vitals on the animal--and I will be the first to support their point 100%. They're absolutely correct on this.
I will never take a shot at an animal if I'm not totally confident.
However, maybe this comes with age. But several times in my stand I can see the animal clearly, but cannot see the pin, and this has nothing to do with my peep. I shoot with a 1/4" peep and can see my pin post--but not the fiber optic.
Most times I hunt with a buddy and I would radio to him asking if he could see his pins and to myself I know his answer evenbefore asking him, that he would say--'Yes'.
It's not that I want to get out of my stand either. As the light fades in the afternoon and primetime draws near, your adrenalin flows, then it's like sudden disappointment when I look atyour pins andNOT see the fibers.
It's like now the hunt is over--time to look at the show.
Hopefully this Montana Skyline Black Gold sights, with the improved fiber spool, helps.
Old 04-21-2006, 07:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have the same problem, I can see the target (vitals) but when I look through peep at pins it was dark and it was just a guess, so I figure the light has to help so I can see.
Old 04-21-2006, 07:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

It sure helps to know I'm not the only one here with the problem.
My younger buddies sometimes make fun of this and I tell them that one one day they'll get older and have the same problem !!!
Old 04-21-2006, 07:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: ampahunter

It sure helps to know I'm not the only one here with the problem.
My younger buddies sometimes make fun of this and I tell them that one one day they'll get older and have the same problem !!!
Oh how true...... and bifocals dont help, but I have adapted with the no-line and can see good, and when I leave here, I can see how good the light is going to work out. But just think we will have it figured out and they will be trying to figure out why they cant see! [8D][8D]
Old 04-22-2006, 08:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've found 'some' ofthe younger generationare quite stubborn to admit shortfalls. They may not themselves be seeing their pins but they'll tell you they are--"sure I can see my pins" --yeah right!!!
Old 04-22-2006, 09:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

How true it is! [8D][8D]Good shooting! Can't wait to pick mine up when I get back from here! [8D]