Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 new Cuddeback - don't tell me I'm going to have a problem with it too >

new Cuddeback - don't tell me I'm going to have a problem with it too

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

new Cuddeback - don't tell me I'm going to have a problem with it too

Old 02-27-2006, 05:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default new Cuddeback - don't tell me I'm going to have a problem with it too

Well I've had my Cuddeback for a few weeks now. So far I'm not too impressed. I have had it set up above my Stealth and it has not performed. I just checked it and there were 2 set of pics with deer on the Stealth and on one pic on the Cuddeback (not even the same day). Therefore, the CUddeback isn't taking pics when it should. And the pic it did take was so dark (it was nitgh time) I could hardly see the deer (only about 20 ft away). I have had nothing but problems with my Stealth (trigger time, battery life, etc) so I went and got the Cuddeback. Even with the Stealth's 12 V battery pack, I am only getting 2-3 weeks at most, and it still misses anything that doesn't stop in front of it). The Cuddeback is still on original set of batteries and did take some pics of me when the Stealthmissed. I don't know what's going on.

Looks like that may have been a mistake goin with the CB??? The camera is mounted above the Stealth, but it has taken pics where it is. I don't know what the heck to do. Can't win. I will keep those interested posted.
Old 02-27-2006, 05:52 AM

Default RE: new Cuddeback - don't tell me I'm going to have a problem with it too

I would call up the company. Something sounds very wrong. Have you asked at a trail cam site? www.chasingame.com has great advice and they are using lots of different cameras to test them. They buy the cameras, sort of like consumer reports. Good luck!
Old 02-27-2006, 06:10 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: new Cuddeback - don't tell me I'm going to have a problem with it too

I would also check your height of the camera. Its possible you have it mounted too high.
Old 02-27-2006, 11:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

I thought that may be the case, but the problem is, it has taken pics (of me on ATV and of some deer). So why would it take it one time & not another???
Old 02-27-2006, 03:41 PM

Friend of mine bought one last week. Spent $400 for the darn thing and it didn't work right out of the box. After several phone calls, we sent the camera back today for them to look at. Doesn't speak very well of a company when you spend that much money on something that doesn't work straight out of the box. Inspection standards must not be very high. Needless to say, he's not very happy.
Old 02-27-2006, 04:11 PM
Typical Buck

I have an older Cuddeback and love it. Make sure you go through and check the sensitivitly levels, that could be the problem. Good luck, I hope you get it working.

Zach
Old 02-27-2006, 06:35 PM

My Cuddeback 3.1 has far surpassed all my expectations on every aspect. I have had it out straight through since the end of December running on some cheap Panasonic batteries and this unit has taken hundreds upon hundreds (probablly close to 1,000) pictures and still is at half battery life. The trigger time is incredibly fast as I have got pictures of deer running past as well as rabbits. I got a really sweet pic of two does on their back legs fighting a few weeks ago. The flash on this unit has been amazing and far surpasses all the other game cams I have used (Moultrie, Stealth, Trail Mac, CamTrakker, ect). I couldn't be happier with this unit.
Old 02-27-2006, 08:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Something's not right. Although I don't feel that the Cuddeback warrants it's $400 price tag, I will say that it triggers DARN fast. I never get pics without an animal in them.
Old 02-27-2006, 09:17 PM

Give you a hundred dollars for it.....I love both of mine, 1.3 and the 3.0.....Where do I send the check?
Old 02-28-2006, 05:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

do I "look" stupid?? Send me $450 and it's yours (shipping). Then I will go get an new one. If not and it doesn't start to preform, I will send it back to CB for a replacement. I have always heard great things about them, either, I've got to adjust it some or it is faulty.

Quick Reply: new Cuddeback - don't tell me I'm going to have a problem with it too

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.