HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting Gear Review (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review-31/)
-   -   WACEM (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review/133343-wacem.html)

jarman 02-17-2006 10:25 AM

WACEM

Looking at these broadheads, any comments on them?

MTdrahthaar 02-17-2006 02:41 PM

RE: WACEM

I switched to them last year. I absolutely love them. They fly better than field tips. I killed a bull elk with them last year. It was dead in 10 seconds, no kidding.

utah300rum 02-17-2006 06:25 PM

I started shooting them last year, they fly very well. I have not had a chance to take an animal yet. I have seen em shot into a steel tube and not really have much damage. Replaced the blades but the head itself stayed true.

Muliefever 02-19-2006 10:43 AM

I killed two deer last year with the same broadhead! The fly really good and are easy to resharpen! They are my broadhead of choice!

Bowtech Dave 02-19-2006 10:58 AM

I took 5 deer with them last year! All but one pass throughs. The reason the one didn't pass through was that it was lodged in the off shoulder. All the deer went down within 50 yards. Best year I have had in quite some time. I tried these with several other well made broadheads and when it came down to it, at 60 yards my field points and broadheads hit the same point of impact. Very tough and like I said, you can't beat the accuracy. It is the best fixed head I have ever shot!!!:D

bowtech die hard 02-20-2006 11:16 PM

i'd like to give 'em a try.

jarman 02-21-2006 08:45 AM

Thanks guys for the input, I have some on the way and I'll let you know how they work for me.

rutt 02-21-2006 08:46 AM

I've been shooting them now for the past two seasons.Killed five deer so far with them; all pass throughs.Killed them all with the same head,just had to either resharpen or replace the blades.Great quality.

elkaddict 02-22-2006 06:12 PM

I used them this last week on a hog. I hit a 125lb boar square through both shouders. The arrow exited with no damage to the broadhead. The hog, which had been sleeping, stood up, took 2 steps and expired. The wound was as impressive as was the quick kill. Granted this was not a large hog, but blowing the through both shields and both shoulders was impresive to me--harder than blowing through the rib cage of a mature bull elk in my experience. These heads shoot very accurately although out past 40 yds, do seem to drop a little more than slick tricks, turbos, ironheadsor stingers of the same weight that I regularly shoot. I suspect they weigh more than the advertised 100g. For hogs and elk, they may well become my head of choice. For deer, I'll probably stick with the slicktricks as I like the bigger hole they leave. Every tuned bow I've shot them through shot them very well and right with field tips out to at least 35 yds. After that, they do drop a few inches.