Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Best Vanes?

Old 02-20-2006, 03:46 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Best Vanes?

Like mobowhuntr, I like the AAE plastifletch vanes. I have been using them for about 7 years now and have no complaints, and I shoot and hunt alot. I saw the flex fletch dare in one of my new magazines ( where they send you a doz. vanes to try) and just recieved them last week. As a matter of fact I will be making some arrows this evening so I will be trying them in the next few days.I also have a sample of the Blazers coming. I am really anxious to trythe Blazersand see if they work as well as I have read. I like trying out new stuff to see if it is better than what I currently use. If it blows me away, I would switch. If not, why change what is working!
Old 02-20-2006, 06:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

I just put some blazers on with a helical and I really like them. I liked them with no offset or helical the way they came on my shafts but this is even better. I've never shot feathers but I know I won't shoot 4" vanes again.
Old 02-26-2006, 07:51 AM

I have found that using a heavier grain arrow for hunting purposes works awesome w/ Nap quick spins in 4". I shoot about 500 grns. Had alot of trouble getting them to pattern well beyond 25yds. put the quick spins on and was able to hold 1.5-2" groups at 35yds. And yet might not work the same on all set ups. but for mine works great !!! 65lbs.,28" draw. Might want try some before converting whole selection of arrows.
Old 02-26-2006, 10:14 AM

Blazers used to work great for me!.............I have recently switched from a W/B to the improved NAP 360 capture rest , I am now using Quick Spins and could not be happier![8D]
Old 02-27-2006, 01:51 PM

I see your using quick spin vanes 2" or 4" & you mentioned they are atad big, do they interfear with your rest ? Etc, just curious, i plan on using them this year & all the feedback i can get before hand , would greatly help, Im using plastic vanes now, nothing spectacular, but Im grouping 3"s at 35 yards.

Raymond
Old 02-28-2006, 07:54 PM

i shoot alluminum arrows...Easton XX75 Camo Hunter 2413 Superlite to be exact. i was wondering if anyone has tried the Blazer Vanes with this arrow, i have 4'' plastic on them now.
Old 02-28-2006, 08:40 PM
bigcountry

Thanks for all the replies. I have tried out the quick spins last year. They work, but I get pretty well same flight with my regular vanes. I might see an improvement with broadheads. Might. I will check out some other ones when I have to refletch an entire doz. I went thru the feather stage about 6 years ago. I liked them until I hunted in the rain. Too much hassle for me.