HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting Gear Review (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review-31/)
-   -   Carbon Tech Cheetah 3D Arrows? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review/132943-carbon-tech-cheetah-3d-arrows.html)

MilDotMaster 02-14-2006 10:04 AM

Carbon Tech Cheetah 3D Arrows?

Anyonehere have any experience withthe Carbon Tech Cheetah 3D Arrows. Since they were designed to be for target shooting, do you think they may be stronger than the Whitetails?

newman1 02-14-2006 11:51 AM

RE: Carbon Tech Cheetah 3D Arrows?

They are Carbon Tech...How bad can they be???;):DOh by the way did you ever hear anything back about an arrow having two spines?

MilDotMaster 02-14-2006 12:14 PM

ORIGINAL: newman1

They are Carbon Tech...How bad can they be???;):DOh by the way did you ever hear anything back about an arrow having two spines?
I have not heard anything yet. Are you having similar results?

This is what happened tome the other day. Note: it was only a 1 day test, so I'm trying not to read into it too much. I had a .300 spine arrow with bow backed down to 65 pounds. The arrows shot great. Dialed bow up to 70 pounds and the accuracy got worse. Taking the bow to 70 pounds should have made the spine weaker. Now here is the confusing part, I then removed the 100 grain tips with bow still at 70# and installed the 125 grain tips and got the accuracy back again. Doesn't make any since to me. Stiff spine accurate/slightly weakerspine less accurate/ make the arrows spine even weaker and get accuracy back again.What the heck?[&:]

newman1 02-14-2006 01:02 PM

Yes that is very strange.You might be on to something.Hopefully someone can splain this;)

dab029 02-17-2006 11:32 AM

I shoot the Carbon Tech Cheetahs and love them. they are great arrows and havn't had any trouble with them being weak. they stack right on top of each other and I have no complaints even though i manage to hit them together all the time.

Crashman 02-18-2006 07:46 PM

CarbonTech Cheetahs are a great arrow. I have been using them for about a year now with excellent results. I have used them for 3D, spots, and hunting. You should have great results with these arrows.

JOE PA 02-19-2006 05:02 PM

For an arrow that is as light as they are, they are pretty tough. I damaged a couple of them in my basement. I have a Deadstop Quad target with a concrete wall behind it. Sometimes, I don't rotate it often enough, and have mushroomed too many ACCs that way (gets expensive). The Cheetahs have survived some pass troughs when I've heard the dreaded sound of the field pt. hitting the wall, but the two I damaged were shot with the Oregon Black Knight set on #70. Never should have shot into that target without additional backing. Still, the worst of those is cracked about 1" into the shaft. I am shooting the Cheetah Hunters (.006), but they all spin almost as nice as the ACCs and shoot just as well for me. The 3Ds should be just that much better.:D

gibblet 02-19-2006 05:17 PM

the basement with carbon techs. would that be a splinter cell?

JOE PA 02-20-2006 05:48 AM

It's OK, John. I have a Tom Clancy alarm installed.[8D]