HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting Gear Review (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review-31/)
-   -   Speed Pro Arrows (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review/132496-speed-pro-arrows.html)

Bradkoz 02-10-2006 07:53 PM

Speed Pro Arrows

i was at the harisburg show yesterday and saw an advertisment on a booth that said 350-400 FPS. i had to see it. High Country (i always loved them but didnt know they even existed anymore) has a few bows made of carbon they're only 2.5 lbs. too lite in my opinon. but with those bows and speed pro arrows they were shooting between 370-400 fps.

i dont want another bow now that i got mine but the arrows they used gain an average of 50 fps but they are really really light at only 5.5gpi. has anyone used these? are they safe? they are super super stiff but man that is really light the heavist is around 6.5 i think. i know my bow isnt warrantied to shoot anything this light but if people are using them i might try it out.

Bradkoz 02-12-2006 07:21 PM

RE: Speed Pro Arrows

anyone use these things yet

mn trucker 02-13-2006 01:10 PM

i shot them from my razortec last fall. (only about 5 shots or so) they smoked out at 349fps but i wasn't willing to shoot then anymore than that with a bow that wasn't made for that light of a arrow.[:-]

Bradkoz 02-14-2006 08:33 PM

yeha i e-mailed them about the arrows being used in bows other then there carbon bows and never heard anything. read about some of there bow on the site and in small print says its designed to be used with those arrows so most bows would be unsafe with them. they dry fire the carbon bows 10,000 times without breaking them pretty cool i thought

Talon1961 03-11-2006 08:27 PM

I shot them out of a HCA TSS 70# 29'' and they were super fast. However, in three out of 6 arrows, the tip and insert were driven up into the shaft when shot into my 3D target, ruining them.

gibblet 03-12-2006 10:42 AM

i've got a customer shooting these out of a 70# 30" switchback and wondering why his bow is loud. i told him not to worry, he wouldn't have the bow much longer anyway.

nubo 03-12-2006 10:50 AM

I guess that the answer toyourquestion is "NO" don't use them.

nubo

BF1947 03-13-2006 08:15 AM

My experience with them is limited so bear with me. We had a guy in our shop using them because of the "speed". His HCA TSSR was shooting 29.5" and 61#, 245gr arrow doing 318fps. Just for giggles I shot side by side with him with my Martin SlayR, 27.5", 56# and a 265gr arrow---314fps. So doing the math I figure that apples to apples my SlayR would be doing about 345fps shooting his arrows. So where is all the speed?

Anyway, I took his arrows and rolled them across a glass counter top. Wanna know what? I've seen bananas straighter than those things. The run-out must have been in excess of .010". Just totally out of the realm of quality.

hunt4hogs 03-30-2006 04:49 PM

I went to aoutdoor show in Houston last year.High Country was the only bow company there.They had about 10 salesman and women trying to sell bows for like 650 bucks.They also said thier bows were smoother and quiter and less vib than my switchback.I asked to shoot one and was told they had a place and it would be ready in just a minute. An hour later it still wasn't ready and they didn't have time for me anymore because they were with newlookers.There was just something about them I didn't trust.They alsosell thier bowsin the mail and go around the pro shops that are carrying thier bows.I donthave connection with any archery shop but I think that is screwing the guys trying to help you sell your product.No morals This is just my opinion but I saw it with my own eyes