Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

What Brand of Arrows?

Old 02-19-2006, 07:47 PM

Default RE: What Brand of Arrows?

easton axis is what i shoot
Old 02-23-2006, 09:51 PM

i started out with beman ICS hunters--went on to ICS camo--then went to CX terminators selects (tough, heavy arrow!!)---then graduated tothe CX MAXIMA'S. i will stay with the maximas, they are very nice and shoot great!! the bad news is they are not cheap, but in this case you get what you pay for!! if you want a soild, heavy arrow get the CX terminators selects--if you want a light, flat shooting arrow then get the CX maximas, you won't be sorry. good luck, have fun
Old 02-24-2006, 05:36 AM

Gold Tip XT Hunter Pro
Gold Tip Ultra Light Pro
Easton A/C/C

GT are what I shoot
Old 02-24-2006, 11:37 AM

ORIGINAL: bugpro

Gold Tip Ultra Light Pro
Easton A/C/C

GT are what I shoot
I have to admit...I have been researching these two listed arrows. I can't make a decision as of yet. The Easton super slims are out only because they are too heavy for my purposes.
Old 02-24-2006, 12:11 PM

ORIGINAL: MilDotMaster

ORIGINAL: bugpro

Gold Tip Ultra Light Pro
Easton A/C/C

GT are what I shoot
I have to admit...I have been researching these two listed arrows. I can't make a decision as of yet. The Easton super slims are out only because they are too heavy for my purposes.
What made you change your mind from the allmighty Carbon Tech??just curious
Old 02-24-2006, 01:04 PM

Let me see…..first off, I started getting small cracks from nock end of 3 arrows within the 3rd time at the range. Keep in mind I baby these arrows and only shoot groups at 60 yards. Anything closer gets 1 arrow per mark on target. Now I have 2 more doing the same thing, so I was down to 7 arrows after spending $126 for the dozen. Now I am down to 6 arrows. Why? Well I got tired of worrying about these arrows being too weak, so I did my own test. I figured losing a $10.50 arrow was worth the peace of mind. I took one of my .400 spine Gold Tip XT Hunters and shot it into a concrete wall. It went about 1.5 inches deep in wall and drove tip and insert inside shaft diameter. Tip was split, but arrow stayed in the wall.

I then took one of my Carbon Techs Whitetail 300 spine arrows and did the same thing. The arrow just disintegrated when it hit the wall. Pieces were everywhere. Took me like 5 minutes to find all the pieces. I even looked at some of the larger pieces and found that the core or inner smooth carbon wrap was separated from the exterior cross-cut wall carbon wrap layer. Reminded me of the difference between a bonded long range quality bullet and one that was not bonded. The bullet not bonded usually sheds it’s jacket from the core of bullet on impact. This reduces weight of bullet and as you know penetration of bullet. Not good.

To top it all off and knowing from experience that something stinks. I then called a few dealers of Carbon Tech and was doing the best I could, to get them totalk aboutwhy they like these arrows so much. Sometimes what works is you have to walk people down a road to get them to state the truth. I learned this trick from my brother who works for the highway patrol. Seriously…he can get a drug user to admit they have drugs on them, then there is no need for probable cause. Funny stuff! Anyway, back to the topic… Well 2 dealers where actually “honest” enough to admit that they sale them because they have the highest profit margin. Meaning they make more money off of CT arrows than any other arrow in the house. One guy even went into detail on how many dozen arrows he can sale and make the same profit as compared to selling a new bow. He took the bait and then some. So there you go, I spilled the beans and have told you all I know.

Yes these CT’s are very accurate and yes I talked up a storm about them. I’m once again the internet fool and stand here to take the beating that I deserve. [:@]If they were free…I would use them for target, hunting no.
Old 02-24-2006, 01:11 PM

Now you got me wanting to do the concrete wall test with my Carbon Tech's and some old Gold Tip's.
Old 02-24-2006, 01:21 PM

ORIGINAL: newman1

Now you got me wanting to do the concrete wall test with my Carbon Tech's and some old Gold Tip's.
Why not...at least they will have a good purpose. HA!Just kidding. Seriously...it would be nice to have others try a test to see if I got a bad batch or not. I was told I'm the first to have problems with nock end cracking. I made no mention to others having the same problem. If you guys are too affraid to complain I'll take the heat.[:-]
Old 02-24-2006, 01:28 PM

yeah,i definately have not had the splitting problem like yourself,but then again i am not stacking arrows as tight as you either.P.S. it looks like you need to change your sig now.
Old 02-24-2006, 01:41 PM

ORIGINAL: newman1

yeah,i definately have not had the splitting problem like yourself,but then again i am not stacking arrows as tight as you either.P.S. it looks like you need to change your sig now.
The following is just speculation as food for thought:

Stacking them may be part of it, nocks being too tight maybe part of it, retards who built my arrows andjamming nocks inside shaft on an angle may be part of it, shaft ends not being square may be part of it, who knows. Either way I'm out for now. Glad yours are working great. I hope I'm not going to miss the accuracy these arrows produced.

I'll change my sig as soon as I decide what to order up.

Quick Reply: What Brand of Arrows?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.