HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting Gear Review (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review-31/)
-   -   PSE Firestorm Lite (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review/131535-pse-firestorm-lite.html)

IADeerHunter16 02-02-2006 07:38 PM

PSE Firestorm Lite

I am thinking of buying this bow through cabelas and I wonder how it shoots. (I know I should shoot it first, but no dealers around) I'll be hunting deer from a treestand with it so it should work good for that (30inch axle to axle) this will be my first decent bow before that I had a bottom line PSE Silverhawk, but I think its time to update after shooting under a 180 class buck.
I am also wondering if I should go with the package deal or just buy a bare bow. I'd like to buy the bare bow because the package deal is backordered so I wouldn't get it as fast, but if the package is a better deal I could wait.
its $449.99 for the bare bow and $579.99 for the package
the package has: one piece four arrow quiver with quick detach mount, f-18 sight, drop tine whisker biscuit arrow rest, braided camo sling, mongoose peep sight, and a camo knocking loop.

Parker Bow Hunter 02-03-2006 11:00 AM

RE: PSE Firestorm Lite

I looked at this bow as well but got a great deal on a closeout 2005 Diamond Truimph completely set up.Check out huntersfriend.com great guys and have some good deals on ready to hunt packages

BrowningFan 02-04-2006 08:16 AM

IADeerHunter,

Awsome bow. I shot one when recently shopping for a new bow after a 15 year layoff from bowhunting/archery.

I ended up buying a PSE Whitetail Obsession which is VERY similar to the Firestorm Lite. It too is a 30" Axle to Axle, hybrid Cam bow.

One thing to be aware of going into this purchase, actually any purchase of a short axle to axle bow, is lack of forgiveness. However with some practice and a GOOD stabilizer I found myself shooting tight groups in no time.

Let us know if you make the purchase and how you like it.

Andrew14 02-04-2006 12:08 PM

I would probably go with the package, because you buy a bare bow then buy all the fixins for it you would have more money in the fixins then you would for the package. So i would rather wait than pay some extra cash.
Hope This Helps Good Luck Man!

whttale 02-05-2006 08:31 PM

Get what feels good to you. What feels good to one doesn't always have the same feel for the next person. PSE makes some awesome bows, but I wasn't impressed with the Firestorm Lite. The one I shot was a little too noisy for me. A friend of mine bought one and agrees. For the price, I would look at the Diamond line of bows. They are made by Bowtech and very good bows. I bought the Victory and couldn't be happier. It shoots just as good as any other bow I have owned...and I ownMathews, Hoyt, and PSE. Myself, I would not buy the kit. The kits usually come with one good piece of equipment and the rest usually average. I would rather spend the extra money and get what I feel is best for me. As for shooting under the 180 class deer...just remember that even the $800 bows shoot under a deer once in a while :) Good luck with your decision!

mac87toy 02-06-2006 11:44 AM

I have shot one for the last 3 years, I love it.hoever I just went and got the 2005 alliegence. I am selling mine for 500.00 bucks, it has a f-22 sight on it, string loop, limb savers, kwiky quiver, wisker bisket with extra bisket, peep sight, string leaches, winner choice strings,i will ship it in a hardsided case that is yours aswell. I love the bow and have never had a problem with it i just decided that i wont to and can spend some money and upgrade.It hasa 29 inch draw lenght, and is set at 70 pounds if you are interested let me know and i will send pics. hope you find what you are looking for.
Mac