Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Bowtech Tomcat or the Mighty Mite >

Bowtech Tomcat or the Mighty Mite

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Bowtech Tomcat or the Mighty Mite

Old 01-15-2006, 03:40 PM

Default Bowtech Tomcat or the Mighty Mite

I am shooting a Mathews Ultra 2 right now. Its a 2001 model maybe 2002. Anyways I was thinking of getting a newer bow. Maybe a 2005. I hunt always from a tree stand so I like a short light bow.Ill probable get it off ebay.They dont have any Pro shops here for miles around, So I can go and shoot one. I see that Bowtech stopped making the Mighty Mite. I just have heard so much good about the bowtech I wanna shoot one so bad.!! So what do you think witch is the better choice??
Old 01-15-2006, 04:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Bowtech Tomcat or the Mighty Mite

The new Tomcat has binary cams so it also has 2 draw cycles available just by switching modules. It also has an unreal brace height ( over 8 inches) and is as fast as the mighty Mite. I would take the Tomkat over the Mighty Mite forsure.
Old 01-15-2006, 04:48 PM

I have another question about these bows I forgot to add. What does a guy have to do to change draw lenghts???
Old 01-15-2006, 05:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

You just switch modules. Don't even need a press, they cost next to nothing. and take about 30 seconds to switch. Buy the Tomkat.
Old 01-16-2006, 05:57 PM

ive got the 2006 tomkat and i love it. i actually got it last week and have shot it every day that i could to get use to it and get alot of practice. also still trying to site it in as well. i think i paid $499 for complete bow site's, wisker biscut, quiver, silencers. and all that fun stuff. i know there is a local shop around here that has the 05's for 420 brand new with and aditional 20% off.
Old 01-16-2006, 06:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

I've never shot the Tomkat but own a MM. I don't think you could go wrong with either! I like my MM because its light weight and a great treestand bow, as in tight quarters! Good luck!
Old 01-17-2006, 08:49 PM

I have a 2000 Mighty Mite. Are the new bows a lot more quiet or just a little?
Old 01-17-2006, 11:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

My 05' MM is about as quiet as you can get, so I'm told! I took all the hush stuff off the sting and cable and put regular whiskers on and it's still very quiet!
Old 01-18-2006, 11:46 AM

For what its worth I hunted this year with an 05 Tomkat. I have had no problems. The bow is very quiet, and forgiving. It is now one of my favorite bows. The 06's with the new cams are very nice. They sell the packaged deal for around $450 to $500 brand new. Hard to beat for the money. I'm not really into the speed mindset like a couple of my friends are, but I ran it through the chrono the other day. The bow was set at 70#'s, with a 31" draw, shooting around a 380 grain arrow. The bow averaged around 294 fps for the day. I'm not bragging that its fast, I know a lot of guys that shoot way over 300fps.
Old 01-18-2006, 01:01 PM

Well I went to Scheels. They dont have a place to shoot the bows .Anyways they have the Bowtech and the Diamonds. I was leaning towards the 2006 Tomcat. Then I saw the new Diamond Justice and just fell in love with that little bow.It fit my hands very well. The Tomcat just didnt seem right.They even said they would give me 200 dollars for my 2001 Mathews Utra 2. I know the Diamonds dont have Binary cams or anything.The salesman said that the Diamonds are a really smooth bow.Awww the thrill of a new bow. Almost as good of a feeling as drawing down on a buck at 20 yards!! They had I think the Victory and the Justice in the Diamond Line. Both were very nice lookin. Another thing I dont like on the Tomcat is the Rubber Grip.Thanks for your input on this

Quick Reply: Bowtech Tomcat or the Mighty Mite

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.