Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Which Bow?

Old 01-05-2006, 10:38 AM

Default Which Bow?

I am heading to the local archery shop this afternoon to shoot a few bows. This particular shop sells Mathews, Hoyt, PSE, Martin and Browning. They have quite a large selection to choose from. Any recommendations on which make/model to shoot?
Old 01-05-2006, 11:13 AM

Default RE: Which Bow?

Of the companies you have listed you should shoot the Hoyt Trykon, Mathews Switchback and the Browning Illusion and see which feels best. I recently purchased a new Hoyt Trykon XL and couldn't be happier.
Old 01-05-2006, 01:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

heck shoot the Browning F5 tornado its not the same caliber well price range it shoots 300+ fps and is 32 1/2 ATA and just 349
Old 01-05-2006, 02:49 PM

I won't say, go for the Hoyt and forget the others, because I can't be biased. I own both Hoyt and Matthews bows, and I love them. They work for me, and my certain requests for what the bow should do. I would advise you to shoot as many of the big manufacturer bows as possible, then compare what you like about them. Also, I would tell you to try different sights and don't worry about add ons and other gizmos. You should spend the money on the bow and sight system, and not worry right now about dampeners, stabilizers and the other fauna of add ons.
Old 01-05-2006, 06:45 PM

Probably the best bang for the buck is something in the Martin lineup. Preferrably with the Nitrous cam.
Old 01-08-2006, 05:07 PM

Try all of them! Igot a 2005 Mathews Switchback and i'm really happy with it! But buy wich ever fits you better!! Good Luck!!
Old 01-08-2006, 06:38 PM

To continue my search for a new bow I visited Bass Pro Shops, and two other local archery shops this weekend. I shot Browning, Martin, and Fred Bear. I found that I didn't like any of them. Even with a TON of anti-vibration gizmos I could feel everything and hear everything. Hoyt Trykon still has no match.

Although I did not like these bows, I am not saying that the manufacturer or the people that shoot them suck. These bows had the speed I was looking for but, in the end, these bows just didn't fit me.

The search continues.........
Old 01-08-2006, 11:01 PM
Typical Buck

Find a proshop that carries BowTech if you want a bow with speed , Quietness< and no handshock check out the Tribute I shot this bow and others this is by far the smothest and fastest bow I have put my habds on.. but this is just my opinion..