HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting Gear Review (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review-31/)
-   -   I shot the Hoyt Trycon and (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review/127430-i-shot-hoyt-trycon.html)

mrbuster 01-03-2006 09:14 AM

I shot the Hoyt Trycon and

I gotta tell ya's, I didnt care for it. I shot both Trycons and didnt care for either. The draw felt rough and abrasive. I also didnt care for the wall. IMO, it didnt come close to my V-Tech. My V-Tech is so frekin smooth and quite. And, it puts the arrow right where I want every time. IM not saying the Tracon is no good, it just didnt make me all fuzzy and warm.

Mikey S. 01-03-2006 01:38 PM

RE: I shot the Hoyt Trycon and

Did you shoot a 70 or 60 lb'er? I played with a 60lb. Trykon the other nite for about an hour, and even though I thought it didn't feel as nice as I thought it should, drawing it was a little easier to tolerate. I know I don't like the 80% cams.........no matter what draw weight. Now, to me and the 2 guys that were in the range with me, the XL was 10 times the bow than the little Trykon........as far as feel and over all movement of the bow after the shot......and noise. The XL I was shooting, while only equipped with a sight and a rest, hand a lot less movement on release than my Protec with a 30" Shrewd target stabilizer. We all agreed on this, as we all shot about 20-30 arrows off of each bow. I think if more guys tried the 60lb. bow, with a 65% cam, they would have a different opinion. The 70lb, 80% bows,you guys can keep those. Of course your Vtec is an impressive bow in itself, there isn't to much room for improvement over that..

gspjeb 01-03-2006 05:29 PM

I had a very different experience for what it is worth...I went to the shop wanting a switchback xl and shot it for a bit...loved it...dealer brought me over a Trykon xl and I was very surprised.....I also shot the Illusion....all the bows were great but I placed an order for the Trykon.....it just felt better to me in hand and seemed a lot smoother especially at the end of the shot.....to be honest, I would be happy with any of the three, but personally the Trykon was the hands down winner for me ......the technology in all of them was amazing to me........it certainly all boils down to personal preference.

bullmoose38 01-04-2006 06:24 AM

I have a vtec but I just bought the trykon. I like the trykon a lot better then the vtec. Thats just my opinion.

mrbuster 01-04-2006 07:49 AM

It is certainly a personal preference. I shot both the Trycon and the XL in 60 and 70 pounds. Is without doupt going to bea great bow for Hoyt. And IM a tremendous Hoyt guy. It just didnt work for me. Good luck to you guys with your new Trycons. IM sure you'll be more then pleased.

nubo 01-04-2006 08:36 PM

This just goes to prove how different these bow's feel to each of you's and it prove's that everyone really need's to shoot them instead of taking someone else's opinion on there purchase .They're big buck's and you need to absolutely sure that these new bow's are suited to your need's ,and not someone else's .

Great post guy's on the same bow .

nubo

djkiller 01-04-2006 09:17 PM

I shot one when the rep. dropped one off for the pro-shop to look at. I shot the 60/70 lb. Both wanted to jump out of my hand. Also had a ton of string oscillation. not sure if it was just the bow they droppped off. I kno0w it had more hand shock than the AR 34.

TXBDBY 01-05-2006 12:09 AM

I went today and shot the Trykon, Trykon XL, Switchback, and the v-tech. All of them was great in their on way. Yes the Switchback was smooth and quick, then I shot the Trykon and oh my God! Yes the draw was stiff all the way to the back wall but once there could hold it all day.This bow was not set up for me but I was shooting groups that you could cover with a dime. There was NO jumping, no noise and it was damn fastand it was half as heavyas the older hoyts.The XL was just as good but theextra lenght was to much especially if hunting in a blind or tree stand. I have found the bow to replace my old hoyt!

mrbuster 01-06-2006 07:14 AM

I agree with Nobo, these are all the best bows ever. No matter what brand. I shot a Hoyt, my son loves his Outback. It's all in the holders feel.

loverboy9_1_1 01-06-2006 10:59 AM

You cant go wrong with any of the "big 3", but personally I bought the Trykon XL.