HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting Gear Review (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review-31/)
-   -   WHy doesnt anyone ever talk about..... (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review/127155-why-doesnt-anyone-ever-talk-about.html)

Matt/TN 01-01-2006 10:19 AM

WHy doesnt anyone ever talk about.....

why doesnt anyone ever talk about Parker bows these are also great bow and i dont think ive heard one person say anything about them

Coyotestalker 01-01-2006 10:46 AM

RE: WHy doesnt anyone ever talk about.....

Never shot one so that is why I don't talk about them. Thats my reason.

gspjeb 01-01-2006 06:51 PM

my son has a Parker Buck Hunter and it is a really solid bow in my opinion. So far we have been very satisfied with its performance. Ours came set up in a kit with a Trophy ridge 3 pin w/LED, a drop zone rest, quiver, and balance.........we are happy........got it all for around $370.00 at Dicks.........Bow has surprised me with its speed and son loves it.......good luck

maytom 01-02-2006 07:50 AM

Not that many people know about Parker, since they are a small bow company. Problem is after you buy one, and then down the road comes time to sell it. The re-sale is going to kill you. Personally, I'd stick with a "big name" bow company, because when it come time to sell/trade, your not going to loose as much!! Just a tip.

mobow 01-02-2006 10:12 AM

My pro shop USED to sell them. He no longer does because of what he calls "Quality issued." I have seen 2 brought into the shop with busted limbs.

Matt/TN 01-02-2006 04:07 PM

i wasnt interested in buying one i was just wonering...whatsw resale on browning

nater3 01-05-2006 10:11 AM

I previously shot a Parker Huntermag and it was a great bow. I now shoot a Parker Phoenix 36 and it is also a great bow. I agree, the resale on Parkers isn't the best. However, why would you buy a bow that you plan on selling. If taken care of, my bow purchases like my guns are lifelong purchases. If anything, I would just buy another bow to have another one, not replace one.
Nate

passthrough24 01-05-2006 12:45 PM

my brother has a Parker Premier Mag, it is a really really nice bow in my opinion. We both have been very impressed with the speed, my brother shoots it a lot and and hasnt had any problems with it. I have a Matthews and dont really see any advantages. Around this area most every sport shop sells parkerssoto me they are a well known company, i am sure it is different in other areas.

nater3 01-05-2006 01:08 PM

I will tell you that they are one of the most supportive companies I have ever dealt with. I had some initial problems with my phoenix wearing through cables rather quickly. Parker simply replaced the bow with a brand new one, even though I bought the bow used and am not technically covered by their warranty as a second owner. That's a company that has my business and my respect.
Nate

Bradkoz 01-28-2006 10:56 PM

i shot a couple of the cheaper models at gander mountain, nice bow but for me a soild back wall was priority 1 and the parkers didnt have it. the more expensive ones might but the ones i shot (not over $450) were very squishy and could be stretched an extra 1/2 inch.