HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting Gear Review (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review-31/)
-   -   are PSE a good bow (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review/127099-pse-good-bow.html)

tyler18 12-31-2005 06:32 PM

are PSE a good bow

Iam thinking about buying a PSE to bow hunt for whitetail.I live in southern IL,,so are they a good bow to buy?

Matt/TN 12-31-2005 08:26 PM

RE: are PSE a good bow

PSEs are great bows what is your price range and ill give you my opinion.I am really familiar with these bows because thats all ive had except for the browning i just bought. Actually Browning Archery is made by PSE also Archery Research is amde by PSE

jerrtx 12-31-2005 08:55 PM

So I know this is going to start a HUGE debate..

I am new to the sport as well... Looking mainly at doing some target and maybe 3D. My boss who is a HUGE bowhunter started preaching about Hoyt and Mathews only. Then looking at these forums, I started looking at the BowTech and the Diamonds... But I hear good things about PSE as well.

What makes for a good beginner bow anyway? I know folks are brand loyal, but lets say for someone that is brand new to the sport, that doesnt want to have to mess with tuning a bow every other time they want to use it and dont want to have to break the bank to get into the sport..... what is a good bow?

I had my choices narrowed to the BowTech TomKat or the Diamond Victory (more than I wanted to spend), but looking at the PSE's they seem to get pretty good reviews as well... Is the IBO speed really what you need to be looking at or what?

Appreciate all good feedback...for the newbies like me that are lurking about in the forums. [8D]

Thanks!

J

Matt/TN 12-31-2005 09:48 PM

Speed is pretty mucha show thing a bow that shoots 300 and a bow that shoots 260 is gonna kill just as many deer. Anyway when you set your bow up you are gonna lose 30-50 fps so it really doesnt matter.Whats your price range and ill find you the best bow for your money.Check out the browning F5 tornado I just bought one

Matt/TN 12-31-2005 09:52 PM

PSE Typhoon is a great bow and so is the PSE Fire Flite
and I really like the Browning F5 Tornado(well i just bought one) but all three of these are good hunting bows (they are shorter axle to axle) but generally longer bows are gonna be more accurate.email me or something and ill try to help you out in picking a bow. Like price range and other things you are looking for in a bow

[email protected]

SCDeerSlayer 01-01-2006 12:02 AM

I just bought a used 2003 PSE Triton and I love it. Great Bows in my opinion. Also I have heard nothing but good things about the Browning F5. You really just need to go to your local bowshop and shoot as many bows as you can and then decide which one fits you best. Then you can pick out the one in your price range. Good luck.

Matt/TN 01-01-2006 12:43 AM

do you know anyone who has an F5

maytom 01-01-2006 09:48 AM

Not trying to stir the pot here either, but I have been hearing that the re-sale of PSE bows isn't very good. I agree, they make a great bow, but when it comes time to sell it or trade it down the road, your not going to be very happy for what you end up getting. That's why going with a Mathew's or a Hoyt, even though they might be more money, your still going to get a pretty penny down the road when it comes time to sell.
My two cents on it.

Matt/TN 01-01-2006 10:13 AM

well thats because you dont pay much for them to begin with well compared to matthews and hoyt although PSE does carry your higher class bows like the Vengeance and Mach 12

jerrtx 01-01-2006 01:13 PM

So here is another question then... one of the first bows I looked at was the Reflex Grizzly that is made by Hoyt as well. Would I be better off going with that than with a PSE? I had only wanted to spend between $300 and $400 for a complete setup if possible....