Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Thoughts on Archery Research? >

Thoughts on Archery Research?

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Thoughts on Archery Research?

Old 12-28-2005, 09:59 AM

Default Thoughts on Archery Research?

Anyone use these bows? I shot the AR-31 Ram and a half. It was comfortbable, pretty quiet and shock free. I loved the grip. However, I wish it was a little faster. How about some opinions on these bows and / or the company? Any thing would help.
Old 12-28-2005, 08:16 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Thoughts on Archery Research?

I own an AR-31. I bought it the first year that it came out. I have been very happy with it. It is very forgiving for a very short bow due to the generous brace height of 8 1/2 inches.

I have a zero effect rest on it but I have to be very careful if you shoot fixed blades since you don't get alot of rise on the zero effect.The speed is adequate. I have a 29" draw and shoot 27.5" arrows.

I can say that it is quiet as I shot a deer this year and there were 3 others standing around and I was able to knock another arrow and shoot another doe before they new what was going on.

I haven't had any issues with mine. I did have a buddy that had a limb explode on him but they had another limb to him within 2 days of them knowing the problem. He had the AR-37. Feel free to email me if directly if you have any more questions about the bow.

I recently bought a Switchback but will keep the AR for a backup.Or I couldgive you a fair price set up...
Old 12-28-2005, 08:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

isnt AR sister companies with PSE? I tell you something i didnt know is that my local browning dealer told me that browning archery was bought out by PSE but i dont know the truth to that
Old 12-28-2005, 09:33 PM
Fork Horn

Yes, AR is a PSE company. PSE tried to get an upgraded bow on the market as the lost market share to hoyt, matthews, among others. I heard the weren't dealer friendly but are trying to change their image.

PSE does own the Browning Archery line, or at least manufacturers the bows for Browning. www.pse-archery.com/Services/ mktg_pdf/Pays_Program_PR.pdf

Old 12-28-2005, 10:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

i thought so but wasnt sure
Old 12-30-2005, 06:23 AM
Giant Nontypical

Ihad an AR34 for a little over a year. I liked the bow. It was very fast and forgiving. The only thing I didn't like about it was the let off. It was really shallow and always seemed to want to come forward on me at full draw. Otherwise, it was a great shooting bow.
I now shoot a Hoyt Vipertec.

Old 12-30-2005, 10:18 AM
Giant Nontypical

yeah ive heard alot of good things from AR my dealer likes to hype them up alot