Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Illusion vs Switchback

Old 01-31-2006, 04:40 PM
Spike

Default RE: Illusion vs Switchback

Don't know about the illusion but I do like the Switchback I just picked up a couple weeks ago. I'm not too impressed with the speed of the Switchback (been shootingthe Bowtech too much I guess)but it is smooth. I happen to like PSE so the fact that Browning falls under PSE would not be a deterrent for me. I'd look at the Bowtech Liberty or Allegiance.The only reason I picked up theSwitchback instead of the Allegiance is because Bowtech has thinned out their grips a little too much for my taste.
Old 02-05-2006, 06:47 PM

I looked up the specs for the Illusion and the Switchback. The Illusion is rated at 1.5 decibels. The Switchback 4.9 decibels.
Old 02-06-2006, 03:35 PM

Cant catch an Illusion!!! Catch that!!!
Old 02-08-2006, 05:30 PM

where are you getting these specs.All I could find was bowtech noise and they were in the 5s
Old 02-09-2006, 03:53 PM
Fork Horn

Another good point in the Illusion is the draw length adjustment. When you want to sell it it might be easier to sell because it can fit more draw lengths.
Old 02-09-2006, 05:09 PM

look on ebay.Brownings don't come close to mathews on resale value.I don't now why maybe they are like a dodge
Old 02-09-2006, 05:20 PM

because mathews guys will blow money on anything.
Old 02-09-2006, 05:36 PM

Could be a better bow.Mathews probaby out sells them.I dont know why but they sell themselves.yep your right ,we have to have money to buy that exspensive bow.Bow-tech is very proud of thier price tags now also when I got into this stuff I never knew it would cost so much.Im just a shooterI dont sell bows.You probably dont have mathews franchise thats why you dont like themtake care you know I like all bows and what ever works for the person is fine with me.That's why I dont get into these talks with guys that if you dont shoot what they shoot your bow is trash
Old 02-09-2006, 07:55 PM

I agree to a point. I have owned about every brand of bow on the market at one point of time. I still own a q2 that I bought new. I dont slam anyone who shoots a different brand. Because I probably own one. but, its getting to common of Mathews shooters saying that a Mathews is the best on the planet. and theres no comparison. Now thats the buyers choice. But theres no way any can prove that a Mathews is better than any of the other manufacturers. Shoot what you like and feels good!!!