Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Which Bow To Buy

Old 12-12-2005, 01:45 AM
Typical Buck

Default Which Bow To Buy

I am fairly new to hunting this is my first year I bought a used bow a golden eagle I have a short drawlength 26 inches I am looking on buying a new bow and was wondering which is considered the best the 3 I am looking at are the 4 auctually the Bowtech Alligiance, and the Equalizer the Hoyt Trykon and the mathews Switchback.. what are the thoughts on these bows.. and so far have not gotten a chance to shoot at a deer but not giving up..
Old 12-12-2005, 02:30 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Which Bow To Buy

and as an added sidenote I cannot shot the bows to help with making a decision my local proshop is not willing to order in bows within my drawlength spec because of the chance of not being able to sell them.. they have the Mathews and Hoyt in but the drawlenght and weight is too much for me all are 28 to 30 drawlwngth and 70 lb pull..
Old 12-12-2005, 08:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Too bad you can not shoot them first. What is your draw length? I did shoot the Switchback XL and the Trykon. I felt there was a big difference and took the Trykon home. Others have gone the other way. Maybe you need to look at a different pro shop. Good luck to you.

Old 12-12-2005, 03:51 PM

You won't regret the Trykon.
Old 12-12-2005, 04:46 PM
Typical Buck

As stated eirlier my draw length is 26 inches all of the bows will accomidate that length The Bowtech are the fastest shooters the Trycon has a nice feel and the Switchback has a lot of nice features the local proshop is trying to push me towards the Equlizer I like the faster speed of the Aligenance, but what I think would be most important for me would be to get the most forgiving bow.. but not sure which that would be any yhoughts on that??

Thank
Old 12-12-2005, 05:41 PM

Hoyt Tykon all the way. If for some reason you do not like that, then try out the Matthews Switchback. But the Trykon is the way to go.
Old 12-12-2005, 07:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

First of all you should find another Bowtech dealer. The 06 Bowtechs are all available with adjustable draw lengths by merely switching a module so the dealer is not stuck with a bow at all. Maybe he's stuck with a module if you don't buy it and they're probably about $5.00 cost to a dealer. As for your draw length, I have the exact same problem and length myself and am debating between the Equalizer and the Allegience. I am leaning to the Allegience due to it's adjustable draw cycle with the smooth or speed cams. The equalizer is only available with a speed cam. All that adjustability and top of the heap speed makes the 06 Bowtechs a great buy for us short draw guys. You have an easier time dealing it in than the fixed cam competition when you decide to upgrade. The Equalizer is probably a bit faster but I like the draw cycle option.
Old 12-13-2005, 07:45 AM
Typical Buck

Auctually the Alligiance is faster than the Equalizer,, the Equalizer will accomidate down to a 23 inch draw length where the Alligiance will only accomidate down to a 26 inch draw lenght and the Equalizer is the lighter of the two ..
Old 12-13-2005, 10:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Auctually the Alligiance is faster than the Equalizer,,
Not sure the Alligience is faster than the Equalizer at 26" DL. At least thats not what the company claims.
Old 12-13-2005, 10:54 PM
Typical Buck

Good point at the lower 26 inch draw length the Equalizer very possibly is faster

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.