Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

ASAT Camo

Old 11-27-2005, 10:52 AM

Default ASAT Camo

Any thoughts on this stuff? I'm thinking of getting some.
Old 11-27-2005, 11:49 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: ASAT Camo

There has been a lot said about ASAT on here if you do a search you will find more than enough info.

I use it and at this moment in time IMHO there is no better pattern.

You can get the 3d suit and wear what ever you want under it from shorts and t-shirt when it is hot to your insulated stuff for when its cold.

Old 11-30-2005, 11:34 AM
Fork Horn

ASAT rocks, especially the 3D. My son has the 3D...From 60 yards away I have a real hard time spotting him in his stand.
Old 11-30-2005, 12:09 PM

I bought the 3D suit this summer anddidnt like it at first. I loved the pattern but the material seemed very noisy. I almost returned it but after talking to the people at ASAT they said to wash it a few more times and see what I thought. Once the fabric has been washed a few times it quiets down and is a very effective pattern. Some people on here will try to tell you its magic camo and makes you invisible to deer. I wont go that far, but its much better than your regular blob patterns at breaking up your outline.
Old 11-30-2005, 02:34 PM

I used ASAT about 19 years ago and thought it performed well. Than I fell for the rack appeal for the bigger name brands. I bought an ASAT 3D Leafy suite this year and wondered why I ever changed. I have had more deer walk by me without knowing I was there. I have also had deer look dead at me and then keep going without getting alarmed. I feel the 3D suites gives you a little handicap for movement also. I have worn it over my shorts and t-shirt during early season and over my jacket and bibs a few weeks ago. You can't go wrong with it.
Old 11-30-2005, 10:41 PM
Fork Horn

I got hooked on ASAT when I was inmy 1st year of bowhunting. I was still hunting in the snow when my eye caught a flick of an ear. There were 2 doesmaybe 50 yards from me. I slowlygot to within 20 yards. Every so often the bigger doe would turn around and look at me then go back to nibbling on some twigs. I was wearing the regular ASAT, NOT the 3D. I was also in the open the whole time against thewhite background! Of course I blew the opportunity.
Old 12-04-2005, 06:42 AM

I have used asat for about 17 year's.As far as I am concerned there is not
another camo that break's up the Human outline like asat.I have had deer
look right at me at close range and could not pick me out.If you stand aat a distance of around 25 yd compare it then.Almost all other camo patern's
do not have enough color contast.All camo shold work at all distances
but if you compare for yourself you will see that it does not!

Old 12-04-2005, 10:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Check out Predator Camo. It's the best pattern on the market IMHO. Matches the tree-tops better in late season that any other camo on the market! I've gotten away with murder while wearing it and don't even consider cover in any set-up these days!
Old 12-05-2005, 06:26 PM
Fork Horn

I agree with Lone Wolf. You can't go wrong with Predator. I prefer the Fall Gray pattern.
Old 12-05-2005, 07:13 PM

i lIKE THE PREDITOR CAMO.I JUST COULD NOT FIND AMAKE THAT MADE
THE PANTS THAT FIT VERY WELL.ITALONG WITH THE ASAT WORK BETTER THAN THEREALTREE,MOSSY OAK,TREEBARK.ADVANTAGE,ALL
THE STAND BY'S.

Quick Reply: ASAT Camo

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.