Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Ripcord, QAD, or Trophy Taker rest? >

Ripcord, QAD, or Trophy Taker rest?

Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Ripcord, QAD, or Trophy Taker rest?

Old 06-25-2006, 10:50 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Ripcord, QAD, or Trophy Taker rest?

I have the QAD on my Lx and its worked perfect no problems with clearance thats why i switched to the QAD it's a great rest.
Old 06-27-2006, 05:19 AM

Ripcord here. I just put one on my Tribute and it is awesome!
Old 06-27-2006, 10:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Betweenmy friends and iwe've given just about every fallaway rest out there a fair shake and i think they will all do what they're designed to do with no issues if the bow is well tuned.
For me personally i've settled in on the new redesigned GKF Mirage on my hunting bow. I bought one last year and am completely satisfied with it's performance. I'll be the first to say that the Mirage got some bad reviews when it first came out years ago and for good reason, imo it had some flaws in it's design with the spring and sliding block configuration and there were some instances of breakage. However, GKF stepped up and totally redesigned the Mirage in 2005 and have even made another upgrade in 2006 by adding teflon bearings inthe launcher arm. The new Mirage is rock solid and built like a tank, it's quite, has great arrow capture and will pick the arrow up and center it no matter where it's at on the bow shelf when you draw. It's very easy to setup and once it's set it stays set, i had mine tuned in just a few shots.No doubtthere's lots of good quality fallaways out there right nowbuti'm telling you guys you're really missing out on a great restby overlooking the mirage in your search.If you get the chance check one out, i don't think you'll be disappointed at all. Mike

Old 06-27-2006, 11:59 AM

Been using a dropzone freestyle

Old 06-30-2006, 08:03 AM
Typical Buck

I will hopefully be getting a new bow this season. I have it narrowed down to 2 bows the Hoyt Trykon XL and a Ross Archery CR337. I saw the QAD Ultra Rest on a hunting show on the Outdoor Channel and was very impressed. The guy at the local bow shop that i go to, said it was a good rest but he highly recommended the Trophy Ridge Drop Zone Hunter. After reading all the posts i think i will stick with my first instinct and get the QAD. I have heard alot of bad things about products from Trophy Ridge, and dont think i cant trust their quality. I looked at the RipCord too and it just didnt look as well made as the Ultra Rest, it looked kinda like a cheap knockoff. I think i made my disicision and will spend the extra money on the ultra rest when i get my new bow. Thanks for the help.

Dave
Old 08-11-2006, 09:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

I just bought one of these and really hope I like it. I shoot an outback at 245fps so the speed factor should not be there. I have my bow set up to be very quiet and provide good KE..

I was shooting Axis Obsessions and through my WB they were noisy, not to mention the problem with the biscuit tearing up vains and not all that great if ya get it wet and it freezes..

Either way I hope it works. G2 shooter, do ya think I could get that PDF file your talking about just in case?
Old 10-10-2011, 05:33 AM
Spike

We put ripcords on my son's mq1 and my wife's craze and they both failed within a month. I have a ultra rest on my z7 extreme and it has performed flawlessly. Quite disappointing as a Montanan that ripcord is a Montana company.
Old 10-10-2011, 08:11 AM
Fork Horn

The trophy taker smack down fc came highly recommended by my pro shop and i love it it works flawless.