Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Tree Saddle

Old 10-28-2005, 05:38 PM

Default Tree Saddle

I was thinking about trying tree saddle. Anyone have any exp. w/ them? What do you use to climb? ect.

Thanks
Old 11-03-2005, 08:52 PM

Default RE: Tree Saddle

My husband uses a tree saddle. It's very comfortable and quiet. He uses climbing sticks to get into the tree, and some strap on steps to rest his feet on.
Old 11-09-2005, 09:35 AM
Typical Buck

I USE THE SNEEKY SAC. VERY SIMILAR BUT UNDER A $100. I LOVE IT. I CAN HANG FROM ANYTREE now. even those enormous oaks the deer seem to love. pines, apple, beech, birch u name it it can be climbed with spikes or ladders and hung from. plus i strap mine on the minute i get out of the car and walk to my loc. it's light and quiet. i have a climber but to noisy and bulky. i use spikes so they can get a little heavy if u carry more than ten. but they pack away nice and i wrap rubber bands around them to keep thum from making nose. yep these new tree saddles or hangers as i call them are the way to go i feel. light, compact and versatile. get one u wont be dissapointed in my opinion

THE FOOT
Old 11-09-2005, 06:11 PM

Man they look wild. Is it comfortable? How can spikes be quiter than a climber?
Old 11-17-2005, 06:31 PM

Alot of hits but not many replies. Anyone have experience with these things?

Old 11-18-2005, 07:08 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: jimmy the foot

I USE THE SNEEKY SAC. VERY SIMILAR BUT UNDER A $100. I LOVE IT. I CAN HANG FROM ANYTREE now. even those enormous oaks the deer seem to love. pines, apple, beech, birch u name it it can be climbed with spikes or ladders and hung from. plus i strap mine on the minute i get out of the car and walk to my loc. it's light and quiet. i have a climber but to noisy and bulky. i use spikes so they can get a little heavy if u carry more than ten. but they pack away nice and i wrap rubber bands around them to keep thum from making nose. yep these new tree saddles or hangers as i call them are the way to go i feel. light, compact and versatile. get one u wont be dissapointed in my opinion

THE FOOT
Do you have a link to their site ?
Old 11-18-2005, 07:28 AM

I have the tree suit and use it exclusively for hunting out of trees. Very comfortable and you can get a climber with it to get up a tree. I would highly recommend it.
Old 11-22-2005, 05:27 PM

Well I bought it. So far not very impressed. I have to figure out a better way of getting into the tree. Climbing sticks are more of a pain to carry into the woods than my climbing tree stand with the backpack straps. Not very comfortabe and easy to change positions as advertised. I am going to try gaffs and see if that helps lighten the load. I do feel safe in it however. Hopefully the gaffs work out otherwise it goes on ebay.[:@]
Old 11-28-2005, 04:13 PM
Typical Buck

try the lone wolf tree sticks. very light wt. and easy to set up. can get you up in the tree 20 ft easily. I don't like the gaffs as I feel unsafe in them. I use them occasionally. I don't have a suit but have thought about getting one. the three sticks can be stacked together and are definetely lighter than any climber as they weigh about 8lbs all together.
Old 11-28-2005, 09:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Truthfully, it looks to bequite uncomfortable to me compared to a climber or a hang on stand. Your stuck standing on eithertreesteps or a tree ladder. Sure you can sit in the sling to relieve your legs, but how are you suppose to move around for a shot without waving your bow up in the air trying to get it around the tree when your that close to it? If you have to carry steps or a ladder along with that sling, might as well just buy a treestand instead. My two cents.

Quick Reply: Tree Saddle

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.