Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Blazers Loud?

Old 10-21-2005, 09:26 PM

Default Blazers Loud?

I've been shooting 4" vanes w/rh offset and 125 thunderheads, but was having the trouble with my biskit tearing fletchings. Everyone was raving about how well the blazers worked with the biskit so I decided to try them. Well, I got them today, also put on some 125 4 blade stingers. Now all of a sudden I can REALLY hear my arrows going through the air. Anyone else had this issue?

Guess I am hunting with my old arrows in the morning [&:]at least they are proven. And I have read the 500 page biskit thread so I don't need that lecture.
Old 10-22-2005, 11:36 AM

Default RE: Blazers Loud?

i just picked up some blazers this past week and cant notice any significant increase in noise. i was using quick spin vanes before.

Old 10-22-2005, 11:40 PM

It may be the stingers instead of the blazers, or the combination, I don't know. Didn't have time to mess with it today I was too busy hunting. Had to show Mr bobgobble what was up. Gonna work on it this week though.
Old 10-23-2005, 08:24 AM

I shoot Blazers with 85 gr Stingers, GoldTip seriess 22 shafts, and do not notice any noise, I switched from 3" feathers which made much more noise than the Blazers. Ive been shooting the Blazers for a little over a year and am very pleased. Great flight and super durability. One thing to check with the Blazers is that both ends of the vane are tightly bonded to the shaft, due to the short length of the vane you have to be carefull to maintain contact with the shaft while putting an offset on the clamp. Due to the stiffness of the Blazer vane the ends may only appear to be securely glued in place as they are fairly rigid and will maintain thier position on the shaft with only part of the vane adhered and then may be fluttering during the shot causing the noise.
Good luck
BD
Old 10-23-2005, 09:29 AM

I have a post on here somewhere about the same thing
Old 10-23-2005, 10:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

I can't hear any noise from my blazers. BUT, wouldn't it make since that your 4" vane has more surface area and would make more noise than a blazer which has less surface area? The blazers are stiffer, but it seems to me that something with more surface area will make more noise while flying through the air than something with less surface area !
Old 10-23-2005, 06:27 PM
Fork Horn

I use the Blazers with 100gr Stinger 4 blade and they dont make as much as a peep. Not sure where you should start looking.
Old 10-24-2005, 09:34 PM

Switched from 4 inch feathers to blazers. They were much quieter. I can barely hear my arrow fly. There could be a problem with your fletching coming off slightly at the base and catching air. That's about the only thing I can think of.
Old 10-25-2005, 11:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

I shoot Blazers with as much right helical as I can get while maintaining full contact with the arrow, and they are noticably quieter than standard offset 4" vanes. My Ally is pushing my hunting arrows probably just a hair under 300fps and my 3D arrows probably around 310-315fps. The Blazers, as I'm sure you've observed, are quite a bit stiffer than the standard flimsy vanes, and if you ever see a slow-mo shot of standard vanes in flight you might be surprised how much flailing and occillating they do. The Blazers, because they are shorter and stiffer, would move less in the slipstream, and should, in theory and based on my observations, be quieter.

The only time they've ever made any significant noise is if the trailing edge comes unglued from the shaft a little bit. Then they buzz like a bumblebee of crack. This was a common problem until I started really figured out the finer points of adjusting my Bitzenburger to get both ends of the vane solidly against the shaft. Haven't had a problem since.

Mike
Old 10-25-2005, 04:12 PM

Good information guys. The other day I had just got them in (ordered them custom made) and took them out of the box to shoot. Didn't really have the time and was kind of distracted, not the best time to shoot.[&:] I plan to get them out again this evening and give it a fair shake. Will post results.