HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting Gear Review (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review-31/)
-   -   Shoot-Thru Mesh (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review/116349-shoot-thru-mesh.html)

hambone44 10-11-2005 01:57 PM

Shoot-Thru Mesh

I am about to hunt from my Ameristep Bighouse blind this coming Sat., and am leery about shooting thru that mesh, especially if it is not a straight on shot. I have shot some practice shots and it didnt seem to affect arrow flight at all , at least out to 20 yard range , which is the furthest I shot.

Any feedback on this is appreciated.

tech29er 10-11-2005 02:18 PM

RE: Shoot-Thru Mesh

I am using the Doghouse and I wasn't too sure about the mesh at first too. The last thing I wanted was something touching my arrow but I've found through practice that the mesh didn't have any effect on my arrow. Other guys on the forum have said they haven't noticed any effect on there arrows out to thirty yards and beyond. Haven't seen any replies where someone said the mesh had an effect on their arrow. Good luck!!

hambone44 10-11-2005 02:36 PM

Thanks. That is what I am hoping to hear, b/c I hate to have those windows down and get spotted.

mofire 10-11-2005 10:33 PM

I am a little scared of them still. Someday I will get up the nerve and shoot through one. Maybe here at home.

gobbleblaster 10-12-2005 05:11 PM

Theres nothing to worry about ive shot thew mine in all different angles and nothing happened. I think your broadhead and arrow being close to the mesh that when you shootyour broadhead cuts and your fletchings are out before the hole closes. being that close with any speed bow the arrow is going really fast, so i dont think the mesh should cause any thing to the flight of your arrow.

hunter9022 10-12-2005 07:29 PM

Im still leary about shooting thought my T2 mesh, mostly cause it has an angle and when i shot field points through it when i first got it, it was a little off. Never shot broadheads through it though, so im not sure.

Goat542 10-12-2005 09:49 PM

I use an Ameristep Brickhouse and have shot thru the mesh and taken a deer. Don't worry about the mesh, it works fine. It didn't affect my arrow flight and it was a 35 yard shot. I've shot 3 arrows thru it (Muzzy 100gr 3blade) and they all flew fine. It was awesome to be so close and eye level with the deer. It's kinda weird, however the system works great! Good luck.

hambone44 10-13-2005 09:13 AM

I sure apprceiate all the feedback. It makes me have more confidence, and the season opens this SAt. in Florida. I got in the blind this morn and made sure I had all the mesh real tight and evrything right. I pulled my bow back and took aim thru those windows. Everything looked fine, but one thing I was not crazy about...aiming thru that stuff is like aiming into a fog sort of. The mesh causes line of sight to not be real clear, but, oh well...I have made my mind up i will be shooting thru it. It won't take but one bad experience for me to use other alternatives.

deer-hunter18 10-13-2005 01:50 PM

ORIGINAL: hunter9022

Im still leary about shooting thought my T2 mesh, mostly cause it has an angle and when i shot field points through it when i first got it, it was a little off. Never shot broadheads through it though, so im not sure.
You are not supposed to shoot field points through the mesh, it is made for broadhead use only. Something about the blades help to get the flecthings through. I have the DB Matrix and i shoot through it while target practicing out to 60 yards and i doesn't do a thing to the arrow. The last thing you need is to be worried while you are trying to make a shot. Just shoot as if you were up in a tree with nothing in your way. Pretend that it isnt even there. Good luck.

cravingame 10-14-2005 08:33 AM

What about mechanical broadheads?