HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting Gear Review (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review-31/)
-   -   Under Armor cold gear??? Anyone?? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-gear-review/116206-under-armor-cold-gear-anyone.html)

hennyhog 10-10-2005 12:18 PM

Under Armor cold gear??? Anyone??

Hello All,
I know we havent had the weather to try this new product out yet..but has anyone purchased it? I may pick up the shirt because of thickness alone. I dont know about you guys but when its 10-20 degrees out I have 3-4 layers onit really prohibits my upper body mobility when drawing my bowon an animal & the mobility in my stand. Im not concerend about layers from the waste down. let me know what you have heard or what you think of the product.

Thanks,
henny

bowtech die hard 10-10-2005 02:25 PM

RE: Under Armor cold gear??? Anyone??

Hey buddy,

I live in Northern Indiana and it's generally temps in the 30-s sometimes dipping down into the low teens and i've even seen it in the single digits. I use the cold gear, which I bought a year and a half ago and I 100% love the stuff. It's my favorite gear. I'd definitley buy it again if it wears out. Keeps you nice and toasty, and it's a good baselayer. like I said I love it, and I've only heard good things.

rdneckhntr 10-10-2005 05:31 PM

I use it and love it.........if your walking a lot. I found that it doesn't help much if your just setting still but if your walking you can get a sweat goin in 30 degree weather.

bow27 10-10-2005 05:40 PM

I agrre with rdnckhntr, if your moving it keeps you dry. But I found after I got to my stand it didn't keep me warm at all and think the polypropolyne underwear stuff works better for sitting.

PABowhntr 10-10-2005 06:17 PM

I do not use it myself but my body picked up both varieties of the Under Armor gear and says nothing but great things about it. I have been kicking around the idea of picking up a late season under outfit but have a hard time convincing myself it is going to be that much better than what I am using now.

cardeer 10-11-2005 01:37 AM

Warm ,but I just cant move in it

_Dan 10-11-2005 08:32 AM

I bought some last winter and used it for ice fishing in Canada and i love it. Now waiting for the temps to drop so I can test it deer hunting.

doughboysigep 10-11-2005 12:14 PM

I got a pair of leggings last winter and liked them a lot. If it is colder I will wear a pair of regular long johns over them. I would ahve a top but the size (3xl) just isn't quite roomy enough (real tight/constricting) I also just bough some LooseGear (t-shirt and long sleeve camo). I hear the underwear works good too for keeping the nether-region "dry".

WVBowhunter10 10-11-2005 01:17 PM

I use it and I really like it as well. It serves as the perfect underlayer.

muzzyman88 10-11-2005 07:09 PM

I just bought a set this season. I wore it the first day, though it wasn't really cold. It was kinda chilly in the morning and I used it as my only layer besides my camo. The stuff is amazing. I made a point to work up a little sweat just to see how it would do. I walked quite a ways to my tree, climbed the tree and sat down without stopping. Once situated in the tree, I realized I was not damp or clingy feeling like usual. My skin was bone dry.

I cant really comment on the warmth as it wasn't cold out, but as a wicking layer against the skin, its awesome stuff.