Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 Deer Attractants, Do they really work? >

Deer Attractants, Do they really work?

Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

Deer Attractants, Do they really work?

Old 10-03-2005, 08:19 AM

Default Deer Attractants, Do they really work?

I am just starting to try my hand at bowhunting. I have been gun hunting for several years, but want to try something new. Problem is I can't get close enough to the deer to get a decent shot. Last year I tried lots of different off the self attractants to get closer to the deer. Just basic stuff from B.P. and Wal-Mart like Deer Cocaine and C'mere Deer. My odds were about the same with all of them. I could see tracks and signs around where I put it out, but never saw the deer actually upon it when I got close up to hunt. At the end of the season I found this new product "Munch Block" from a company I was a commercial for on Outdoor Channel. It looks like a big candy bar for deer. I finally got my first shot at a deer with my bow the first morning I hunted over the product. (I put it out the night before). It was a perfect head down shot on a nice little 6 point. This year I am trying other products they make and see if it really makes a difference. Has anyone else used any of their products and can give me some pointers. Their stuff is online at www.wildgameadvantage.com I want to try their Monster Magnet attractant and see if this is really the new wonder product for getting deer, especially bucks, to get closer to my Bow stand. But I don't want to just waste more money if truly patience and experience is the key to my new bow hunting passion. Let me know. Thanks
Old 10-03-2005, 11:43 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Deer Attractants, Do they really work?

Hmm, four posts and they all say basically the same thing about a new product. Smells fishy to me...

...but, ofcourse, I could be mistaken.