Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting Gear Review
 lookin to get a new practice target soon,,,what should i get??? >

lookin to get a new practice target soon,,,what should i get???

Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

lookin to get a new practice target soon,,,what should i get???

Old 10-02-2005, 08:18 PM

Default lookin to get a new practice target soon,,,what should i get???

i thought about getting a bag type target,cause i have heard that they are extremely durable,,but what kind should i get,,,it will used with field points and maybe the ocasional broadhead near season,,,,any idea as what to get
Old 10-02-2005, 08:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: lookin to get a new practice target soon,,,what should i get???

I wouldn't get a bag target for broadheads. It'd be too much of a pain removing them and they would chew up the bag pretty quick. I shot mine with a Muzzy 4 blade and it looks like a 12ga slug hit it. [&:]

Honestly, I have 2 targets. I use a bag for field points and I have a cheapo foam target from Walmart for broadheads. Broadheads chew up targets so quickly I can't see spending alot of money on them.
Old 10-02-2005, 08:42 PM

I recently bought the Block. Man is that a nice target. I've shot many regular targets before and every once in awhile the arrows would just get stuck in them and then when I finally would get them out the tip would be ripped out and stuck in the target. The Block is excellent. It's easy to get the arrows out and is easier to carry around than those bigger targets.
Old 10-03-2005, 07:36 AM
Giant Nontypical

You could always build your own.

Old 10-03-2005, 04:06 PM

bobco,,,

that is pretty neat,,what did u use to make it,,,,

about target recommendation,,,,,i looked though cabela's and pick a few that i might like to get,,just though i would post them to see if any of you have used them and whether they are worth getting or not,,

morrel yellow jacket bag target
morrell outdoor range
morrel 50,000 plus target

picked these target cause they are fairly cheap and they say they last a long time,,,,what are your experiences with these target,,,good or bad
Old 10-03-2005, 06:06 PM

what type of material did you use to make the target? i have been looking to do the same and just not sure what to use. ive also thought of trying to fill mine, i have a block that is 4foot tall and like 3 feet wide. and the middle is all tore up so i was thinking of filling it with that expandable spray foam.

Old 10-04-2005, 09:50 AM
Giant Nontypical

Here is a link. Hope it helps. the target stops everything I can through at it. But remember that I only use aluminums. I don't know how hard it would be to pull out carbons, but I'm sure it would stop them. Let me know if you have any other questions that the link does not address.

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=455644&mpage=1&key=home%2cmade%2 ctarget&#455644
Old 10-04-2005, 11:15 AM
Fork Horn

I've given the thumbs UP to the Morrell Yellow Jacket (Broadheadtarget)before and I'll say it again. I find it much better than the Block. Much cheaper too. Much less weight also! For the $$$ it can't be beat.
Old 10-04-2005, 11:50 AM
Giant Nontypical

doefever, have you tried the morrell six shooter? How does it compare to the yellow jacket? I was very disappointed with the six shooter.
Old 10-04-2005, 05:13 PM

I use the Deadstop Quad. It is very durable, but you aren't supposed to shoot broadheads in it.

Quick Reply: lookin to get a new practice target soon,,,what should i get???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.