Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

lookin to get a new practice target soon,,,what should i get???

Old 10-04-2005, 05:58 PM

Default RE: lookin to get a new practice target soon,,,what should i get???

well me personally ive heard great things about the yellow jacket and the block..but to me its too big of a target..thats why i got an actual deer target..i just purchased a delta riverbottom buck last week and i like it a lot..only $60 and its a smaller target which i like..shooting a bigger block target just gives me more excuses not to be shootin at that vital area..
Old 10-05-2005, 07:22 AM
Fork Horn

I bought the Rhine Block from Rinehart Targets.
http://www.rinehart3-d.com/index.html
Yes, it was a bit on the expensive side at around $120.00, but that was back in April and I am still shooting the target without a passthrough. I mostly use my Muzzy practice blades for shooting with the occasional fieldpoint and razor broadhead. I have never had a target last this long, but some people will say for that price they can buy two or three. My preference is to spend a little more then buy two or three.
Also, arrow removal is easy with all three tips. It is also easy to move around and even throw to see what target stops and you can shoot.
Old 10-05-2005, 05:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

I had a HOLE target - SUCKS, pass thrus after less than 200 shot (mostly fieldtips) - they are garbage
I got a Yellow Jacket and have been please (for broadheads)
I shoot at an inexpensive deer decoy ($70) and I actually use some stuff from work that works real well for fieldtips - they are 50# bales of fiber mulch (used for hydroseeding) - it is basically a cmopressed bale of paper and wood fiber - they work great
Old 10-05-2005, 05:42 PM

I can tell you what not to get BLACK HOLE it is crap
Old 10-05-2005, 08:41 PM

I bought the Rhine Block from Rinehart Targets
do u mean the 18in1 target?????

Old 10-07-2005, 01:14 AM
Boone & Crockett

Block
Old 10-07-2005, 04:45 AM
Boone & Crockett

I think the Block targets are more durable as well though the bag can be much easier to extract arrows from.
Old 10-07-2005, 08:40 AM

Id go with the"block" its a little more expensive but, mines in its 3rd season now and its still doin fine...real durable....but ive never shot Broads at it!
Old 11-04-2005, 06:31 PM
Fork Horn

I just started shooting and my dad has a full deer thatI shot at and I shot it about 15 times and said the hell with that thing. Everytime I shot it I had to knock it over, stand on it, and pull and twist like hell just to get the arrow out. So I went to Wal-Mart and got a bag target for $15 on sale(I only shoot field points) Shot it today and I can pull the arrow out with 2 fingers. I know it wont last long but its better then the stupid deer one.
Old 11-04-2005, 07:16 PM
Typical Buck

I'v got a couple deer targets but I made a bag target out of a plastic burlap bag. The kind grass seed often comes in. I stuffed that puppy full of old clothes towels & things, rags I guess you could say. It stops everything unless it gets soaked & when it starts gettng shabby I just drop it in a new sack. No good for broadheads tho, you'll need to cut them out. I'v had it over a year & I'm thinking of gutting it & starting with a new sack. Probly can stuff more stuff in it now.

Quick Reply: lookin to get a new practice target soon,,,what should i get???

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.