Community
Bowhunting Gear Review Broadheads, arrows, rests, bows, and more... read the latest reviews of hot new gear items related to archery and bowhunting.

battery heated socks

Old 09-21-2005, 11:28 AM

Default battery heated socks

What do you guys think of battery heated socks? When winter rolls around my freezing feet always seem to run me off my stand no matter the type of boot I am wearing. I was wondering if these socks actually work.
Old 09-21-2005, 12:21 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: battery heated socks

In addition to chewing up batteries they make your feet sweat . Sweaty feet will quickly chill once your batteries run dry .

Try buying your boots a size larger than normal and use Arctic Shield boot blankets . Wear socks that wick moisture away from your feet , coat your feet with unscented antiperspirant . Leave your laces slightly loose , tight laces cut off circulation .
Old 09-21-2005, 12:42 PM

Smartwool socks....insulated.....leave the batteries at home.
Old 09-22-2005, 12:54 AM
Site Bouncer

ORIGINAL: kevin1

In addition to chewing up batteries they make your feet sweat . Sweaty feet will quickly chill once your batteries run dry .

Try buying your boots a size larger than normal and use Arctic Shield boot blankets . Wear socks that wick moisture away from your feet , coat your feet with unscented antiperspirant . Leave your laces slightly loose , tight laces cut off circulation .
I could not agree more with this!

When I first started hunting I would wear the warmest boots I could buy, I'm talking -100 degree Sorels (sp?) with the felt bootie and all. My feet were still COLD! I could not understand it. One day my dad looked at my boots and said "Boy, them boots are too tight" so after I got into my stand I retied them loose and my feet stayed warm.

I have since went with much less insulated boots and my feet have yet to freeze. It is key to keep the blood circulating in your feet, They will stay much warmer.

And yes I even tried those heated socks, They didn't work for me, just one spot was warm the rest of my feet froze. I really don't think you need them. Just get a good pair of boots, good socks and keep them loose.
Old 09-22-2005, 05:27 AM
Typical Buck

I tried the socks and they didn't work for me. The Arctic Shield overboot do and in a big way best money I spent last year.

SF
Old 09-25-2005, 06:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

a good option would be to try the foot inserts or socks that have the pocket to put a small type heat pack in it. the good ones last about 6 hours. my winter pac boots are a size bigger but you have to be careful otherwise it give you blisters on the heel if you have a far walk. you could always bring an extra pair of socks and add or subtract according to your needs.
Old 09-25-2005, 09:11 PM

Save your money on the battery powered socks. I tried a pair a few years back and they are a joke. I would try the Arctic Shield boot covers if I were you.
Old 09-25-2005, 11:13 PM

I bought some of the inserts with pockets for the foot warmers. I've had no problem with these, just loosen your laces to let them breath. The foot warmer packets need oxygen to heat up. They seem to last all day for me. I hate cold feet.
Old 09-26-2005, 12:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Lioose boots laces, one size larger boot, spraying feet and good socks are all great suggestions. i also wear two pair of socks, first ones on are called wick a ways, they move the moisture to the outside sock. overboots are great also, if you are on the ground, kind of hard to move around it you are in a tree stand and potentionally dangerous. sometimes i even bring in an extra pair of socks and change once i get settled down.
Old 09-26-2005, 09:14 AM

I think I may have been a victim of the overly tight boot laces. Ill make sure they are loose and may try some of the products yall suggested. Thanks

Quick Reply: battery heated socks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.